Why did a woman refuse to depilate her face for a year?

Face care for women is one of the most important daily rituals. Moisturize, hide the shortcomings, emphasize the beauty of decorative cosmetics. A mandatory part of the procedure is what no one talks about. A woman's mustache, oh, horror. Vegetation on the face of women is unacceptable. While men are proud of thickets on any part of the body, women in the morning and evening convulsively take up a razor machine. And God forbid you to miss one hair.

Vegetation on the face of the beauty salon is well earned on the fact that it constantly grows on the body. Girls suffer execution, and even pay money for it. Sugaring, laser hair removal, wax hair removal, chemical depilation creams, tweezers, razors, trimmers. The entire arsenal of procedures should be repeated almost every day. And if in winter unshaven legs can be hidden under pants, then the face is always in plain sight.

For some reason, facial hair is the norm for men and shame for women. What is this if not gender discrimination? If a woman stops plucking her eyebrows and mustaches, she will definitely attract public attention and will not avoid condemnation. This happened to Eldina Jaganyats from Copenhagen. A year ago, the girl decided to stop plucking her eyebrows and hair over her upper lip, which attracted the attention of others.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Eldina Jaganjac (@eldina_jaganjac)

Passers-by often shout at me and look at my eyebrows as if I had a third head. But I get even more support from strangers. People come up to me and express their admiration for how brave I am, Eldina says.

In a year, her life changed for the better. Now Eldina does not need to waste time removing facial hair. She does not pay attention to offensive statements. Moreover, the girl believes that the facial vegetation is a kind of shield, he weeds out conservatives and people who think in patterns.

Instead of spending the lion’s share of her appearance, Eldina does things that are really important to her. She doesn’t feel ashamed that she’s growing on her face. What is natural is not ugly, as they say.

“Society dictates rules that require girls to remove unwanted hair and spend a lot of money on procedures.” While men do not shave or pluck their eyebrows, there is nothing unusual about this.
I wouldn't have gone to the gym before without shaving my legs. Now I care less about how I look and spend time on things that really matter to me. I don’t care what others say about me because I see them for the first time and for the last time. And even if I meet them again, I don’t care, says Eldina Jaganyats.

I must say that stereotyped thinking has not yet benefited anyone. Besides pointing fingers at strangers, it is immoral. You don't know if it's a particular person's choice or if they have health problems. Appearance is just a shell, and it cannot be liked by everyone. Someone has already understood and accepted this, and someone, due to their worldview and limitations, will never understand.

Tags

See also

New and interesting