Why Our Own Home Is A False Purpose That Our Society Is Forcing

A roof over your head is the dream of many young people. But there are also those who consider their own housing superfluous, a dream that is imposed by modern society. And consumerism They find it unbearable. But what do they offer in return?

Today we will tell the story of a young man who believes that his own apartment is a false goal. He is sure that these and other values are only in vain imposed on us by society so that we do not find what we really need.

I often recall the words of Allen Carr, who once said that everyone is 99% the product of the society that raised him. And only having got my own one in the center of Peter, I realized how true these words are, says Dmitry.

“All my life my mother, grandmother, aunt and sister assured me that nothing was more important than shelter. Teachers breathlessly said that home and family are the main thing. And I did.

“It was not difficult to get there. It's easier than I originally saw. I got an apartment, a normal job, a garage, two motorcycles and a cottage. It seemed that the goal had been achieved. Live yourself, it is important to nod your head at the sight of your neighbors, multiply and enjoy life. And I was happy. At least for the first two weeks.”

“I remember when my father handed me the keys to the apartment, the first thing I did was come home. He kneeled in the room, leaned his ear against the worn linoleum and prayed quietly. Praying with gratitude for everything. I had my own house! Everything had to be done right now. But something has changed, the man recalls.

“Your home, study, work, look for a wife, raise children, be like everyone else.” They didn't explain why. How could they explain it? I later realized that for women their house with junk, with useless furniture, with rags and sideboards, with books and dusty crystal, with carpets on the walls and with kitchen appliances dumped in the pantry, which they use once a year - real happiness. That's not how men do it.

“A man is an ascetic. He doesn't need much. Worked his shift, came home. I drank a couple of cans of beer while watching snooker or football on TV and fell asleep. I'm back to work in the morning.

“I myself have no couch, no bed, no other junk. Why is that? Sleeping on the floor is better. And guests stay less. The TV is big, albeit old. About 10 years ago I bought a microwave with him. Both work well.”

Clothing is not enough to buy a separate wardrobe: a pair of jeans that I wear for several years, old sneakers, a leather jacket. I like old things, I'm attached to them. Why change something just because it’s so common in society?

“We are constantly being imposed new desires. Why would I want my own apartment? What's a career for? Why is there a constant woman and only one? Why are we like dogs at races running after a toy hare? We don’t stop to ask ourselves and others, “Where are we going?”

“I want to do what I like. Fix motorcycles, pick berries, see new cities. I don’t want to be a consumer and be responsible. I don't want a status object called an apartment, I don't want that nest. There is a place where I feel comfortable after work. The apartment is a false purpose that prevents you from knowing what you really need, says Dmitry.

It is said that if you want a man not to find the truth, put him between two untruths. Our ancestors did not have televisions, refrigerators or smartphones. Yes, the lives of those people were more difficult. But weren't they happy? How is the life of an office clerk happier than the life of a tractor driver, provided that both receive a decent salary? ?

“It is enough to remember how we rush to work in the morning. Someone is late and runs across the street, he is honked, swearing after. Someone overslept and rushed down the escalator. We call ourselves intelligent beings, but we don’t even think about what we really need or where we’re all going.”

“I do not want to live in a consumer society. When I walk around the center in leaky jeans and worn sneakers, I look for the same living and free people. Those who do not care about social status, who do not accept the monetary expression of the individual”.

The position is ambiguous, but still there are those who share it. Material values They play an increasingly important role in everyone’s life. And this forces us to give up important and interesting things to work, earn and stay afloat.

But aren't we missing the most important thing? What will we remember after many years? Is that how you rushed to a hated job? Or how they pored over the next “important” task of the leadership on weekends, just to get a bonus that was spent on another stupidity?

Tags

See also

New and interesting