What was the village life in the USSR and why you want to remember about it

The cities are getting bigger, the people in the villages are getting smaller. In some countries, urbanization has won, everything is moving into the city. There are similar processes in the vastness of our vast homeland. Nevertheless, many continue to live in the villages and feel quite normal. Moreover, they recall with pleasure how cloudless life in the countryside was in Soviet times!

The editorial board of "Site" decided to sort out this issue a little. We are quite young people here, entirely urban, we only went to the village to see my grandmother in some forgotten year there. By the way, grandmothers never wanted to go to town. I remember how neighbors tried to persuade theirs to move to them - not in any!

What is life in the village? Our stereotype has developed absolutely perverse. It’s like there’s a coldness and a cold And here you still need to figure out where is better. In cities, life is often chaotic, fast, no one knows anyone, no one is responsible for anything. It so happens that neighbors are not just at your entrance - you never see them on the landing. Nobody cares about anything. Is not it?

The village is a little different. Everything about everyone is in the know, in full view of each other, especially if the village is small. It's a joke to say - the whole world helped the young family to build a house! In a word, you can immediately see who you are and what you are good for. In the city he hid in an apartment and there you have your own little world, in the village it will not work out that way.

Have you ever noticed that in villages people, even if they see you for the first time in their life, are always the first to greet you? They are simpler there somehow, or something. They will feed them, give them something to drink, and put them to sleep. They have trust, respect. The first time I came to the village, to be honest, I even strained myself somehow. It is unusual that they easily start talking to you, they ask for advice.

With any work they are there for "you". Here you walk around the bush, how to change this mixer in the kitchen and not break anything, and then the boys fix the tractor themselves. I won't even talk about all kinds of landscaping - jack of all trades! But the city takes its toll, there are more and more people like me. This is what the villagers told about their life and past times.

Life in the village “And how to convey all the joy of labor, birth of children, local love? Writers don't visit us! But our nature has always been beautiful, the air - you can't breathe! Look at what water we drink, just like our ancestors, from a spring. Delicious! Their own economy, everything real, fabrics - and then they made their own. My father cut out the spoons. Look like this. Beauty!

Our people are amazing, everyone has a destiny, history. We have always been pious, this icon is more than a hundred years old. Whichever house you enter, everything is clean, we still have a cradle, which clings to the ceiling. So come with your baby - let's swing! And we will treat you with bread from the oven. Did you eat rustic bread? There is no such bread in the city. Look, there are some cards left. And from the war, and from the collective farm. They worked hard, but they also lived normally!

There is a lot of work, especially in summer. So what is life in the village? Subsistence farming, children in every yard. We work, we know for what! Always worked hard. In winter there is also something to do. And in the old days? And father cut the dishes, and weaved sandals, all kinds of utensils. Mother embroidered shirts for everyone. In the hallway there are barrels with salted meat, bacon, fish. Cabbage, cucumbers, the same bread. Homemade bread doesn't go bad, did you hear it? Have a bite here.

In our village, when we were born, they never drank, smoked, did not use foul language, no one quarreled. We had such foundations of life so that everything was strictly and responsibly. They knew how to do everything. This is what you see around, everything is built and grown by our hands. They also knew how to rest. If a holiday, then the whole crowd celebrated, went to visit each other. Now, of course, this is no longer the case. However, we live little by little, we rejoice! "

From the editorial office Strong impulse, I want to drop everything and go there, into lakes, rivers and forests, closer to nature. But routine, earthiness, hard physical labor frightens. For a city dweller, accustomed to comfort, this causes fear. In fact, the villagers have no time to think about what and how. And then the question arises - is it really bad?

If you have something to tell about what life in the village was and is and, perhaps, will be, then you are welcome in the comments! And if suddenly you decided to move to the village to live, as many of our fellow citizens are doing now, then the following link will be useful. You will find out how the villagers live right now and what you can learn from them. See you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting