How to love a brazen mother-in-law and is it worth it?

The conflict of generations, it always rages, especially if people are not relatives and become such against their will. They say that when you get married, you get not only a wife, but also his whole family. And there can be completely different in nature people. That's where certain things come in. relationshipSometimes they don't get to the gate.

Editorial "Site" share one interesting story, it was told to us by a subscriber who for a long time was at odds with her mother-in-law. You can draw different conclusions, but on whose side the truth is, of course, it is up to you. We have an opinion on this, too, but at the end of the story. Go straight ahead.

My mother-in-law asked me to eat. Heated her soup and gave her a piece of cake she had recently taken out of the oven. Standing next to her and watching her eat did not. Just walked out and closed the door. I just heard her say, “Thank you, daughter.” She's never called me that before.

It was strange to listen to my feelings. I never thought I would have to look after a man who hated me so sincerely and took every opportunity to ruin my life. And now he calls me daughter. Life is fair, always put everything in place.

I got married almost ten years ago, and since my husband and I didn’t have the opportunity to live separately, armed with a smile and some things, I entered his house. That’s when I learned on my own skin what it is to live with my husband’s mother-in-law.

Everything I did was wrong. But that's fine. My mother-in-law was literally mad that I worked hard and was making progress in my career. In her opinion, the wife should sit at home, tinker with the stove and serve her husband, part-time her son, and while I happily share my news, her baby is sitting hungry.

My husband constantly defended me, tried to explain to Anna Ivanovna that he was proud of me and happy that he got such a brisk girl. But the mother-in-law, of course, has business, her own opinion - she has more experience, because she has lived and knows. If I keep working, my husband will have another woman.

At some point, I realized that my mother-in-law had eaten my brain so much that I really began to think like her, they say that a man needs an eye and an eye and it is really not worth staying at work. I was so tired of this stress that I put the question edge-to-edge - this pressure needs to end.

My husband and I rented an apartment. It was very difficult, my promotion helped. Gradually, life improved and we even began to think about our own nest, but suddenly something unexpected happened. While loading things into the washing machine, I noticed traces of lipstick on my husband's clothes.

Perhaps I should not talk about how I descended to total surveillance of my husband, checking his personal correspondence, phone, computer, clothes. But one day I accidentally discovered an interesting fact: checking my husband’s shirt again and finding nothing on it, a few days later I picked it up again and found... lipstick! How could it be, because Kostya did not leave the house in it?

Terrible suspicions crept into my soul, did my husband dare to bring someone to our house? I decided on a trick, told my husband that I would stay at work, and she settled down near our entrance. What a surprise I was when I saw... Mother-in-law! It turned out that Kostya kept in constant contact with her, just did not tell me about it, so as not to upset.

I entered the apartment just as Anna Ivanovna was in the bathroom. The husband, of course, did not attach any importance to this, because he did not suspect anything. And I would be shocked when I showed him a lipstick-stained shirt. My mother-in-law initially denied it, but when I asked for a lipstick comparison, she confessed.

I told my husband it wasn't the first time and my mother-in-law just wanted to destroy our family. Turns out she decided I couldn't have children, which means why her son needed me. She saw all the problems in me again. Arguments that we first want to live for ourselves were not considered at all.

Kostya, of course, was furious. I've never seen him like this. He told Anna Ivanovna everything. They parted very badly and since then the husband has cut off all contacts with his mother-in-law. I’ve probably ignored her for over a year. She apologized, called me, begged me to talk to her son.

Then she became seriously ill, and we still reconsidered our attitude towards her. I forgave her, Kostya too. As soon as she felt a little better, I offered to take her to us. It was a great opportunity to work completely at home. All right, now I'm looking after the woman who's been poisoning my life all this time. She is still my husband's mother.

Without any doubt, we are against any interference, especially if it clearly leads to negative consequences. It is important to learn to accept someone else’s point of view and not to impose your own. If there are no obvious problems, why influence anything? However, we will not take sides, but the patience and wisdom of the young woman admires us.

Nana relationshipIt is true that a lot of forces are being lost that will require foresight, respect and acceptance. How else are you going to evolve? Here is a link where you will find some tips on how to improve the relationship. We wish you a good mood and are waiting for your comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting