How we renovated the furniture that our mother-in-law threw at us

I want to share a controversial story. My husband and I recently bought an apartment. While they are empty: furniture is only in the bedroom and a little in the kitchen. The mother-in-law offered them their old furniture, and they bought a new one with their father-in-law. My friend’s mother was shocked that she would never do that. How can you give an old piece of junk to a young couple? But as it turned out, my friends didn't get too upset and figured out what to do with the old furniture.

What to do with old furniture Old furniture do not have to rush to throw away. Everything that was done under the Union, as they say, was done for centuries. Well, at least for decades. So it turns out: an old wardrobe or sofa can survive several generations. They will certainly get bored with their owners. As an option, buy new furniture, and sell the old for pennies. Or make a move to the horse and give the bored furniture another chance.

My friend and her husband told me what they did with the old furniture. From the experience of this creative couple, I learned a lot of useful things and today I will talk about how you can save money on the restoration of antiquities from the last century.

A juicy shade of furniture can breathe new life into your old Soviet nightstand or boring shelving. Furniture made of wood or chipboard is perfectly painted with alkyd enamel. The main thing is to properly hide, prime and cover with wear-resistant varnish. And, of course, choose a beautiful color suitable for the interior.

View this post on Instagram

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the restored dining set “God” Romanian??? production (addition to the previous post). Painting of any complexity in different styles and directions ?? Guarantee of coverage for 1 year ???? Send your photos for evaluation on WhatsApp 87078111811?? d. Almaty Mkr. Duman ul. Akmesheet 34/41. #restorationmebelialmata #kraskamebelialmata #repairfurniture #potal #subditalia #refurbishment #furniture #Almaty #was #did #after #masteraswomandogo

A post shared by JANAEV BR Furniture Restoration (@restavracia_mebeli_almaty_) on Apr 13, 2020 at 11:07am PDT

It is not necessary to go to the hardware store. You can show imagination and make pens of improvised materials. We'll need screws, nuts, epoxy glue and parts to choose from. As an option, make pens from pebbles brought from the sea, or from old children's toys.

A wonderful photo-hail from @tati.turnaeva For those who are open to experimentation? A perfect example of how furniture handles made of 4 different materials - metal, ceramics, jute and stone + 3 types of metal fittings - silver / gold / antique? In my opinion it turned out magical? adore such works? _______________________________________________________________ Furniture handles from 270 p / pc All current availability and sizes can be viewed on our website - thehomethings.ru - an active link in the profile header? Delivery by Russian mail and transport companies. In Belarus and Kazakhstan we send SDEC

A post shared by Furniture Handles? HOOKS DECOR (@thehomethings) on Jun 5, 2020 at 3:49am PDT

Try to add new elements to the old furniture. It can be a relief with stucco or decor in the form of wooden slats. Also, do not forget about the molding, which is able to give the old junk a completely new, even a little aristocratic look.

Molding is a special decorative element that is used for the final finish of objects, most often in order to change the visual effect. Especially common furniture molding, which for many years was in demand, then forgotten, but today it is a mandatory attribute of modern interior items. We make facades using decorative elements. There are a lot of options available. Our facades will make your furniture perfect We are waiting for you at Kamchatskaya 185D, p.1 Phones: 60-35-57, 515-905, 8-929-269-35-57 Website: famex72.rf #MoldingFurniture #FurnitureDecor #Decor

A post shared by FAMEX Tyumen (@fametmn) on Oct 19, 2019 at 10:13pm PDT

All houses have different little things. It can be old jewelry and other useless little things waiting for its time. Give free rein to fantasy: the more elements you find, the more interesting the decor will be. Here you will also need epoxy glue and a little accuracy when gluing.

Photo from the manufacturer with our decorative nails (nail moldings). If you need such hits, then write in person #nails#moldingfeed #moldingfurniture#naildecorative#nail gold#manufacturing of soft furniture#manufacturing of furniture#manufacturing of furniture#manufacturing of chairs#manufacture of soft furniture#manufacturing of chairs#manufacturing

A post shared by Furniture and textile accessories (@pa_pa777) on Jul 13, 2019 at 3:33am PDT

Put the furniture on your feet Why not? It'll be very creative. You can cut the legs from old chairs and add them to the nightstand or dresser. This combination can be interesting to play in contrast.

A post shared by Frame/legs/furniture (@karkas_kz) on Jun 12, 2020 at 11:23am PDT

Old furniture may sound too global and complex. It's actually easier than it looks. New fabric and furniture nails will change the ancient sofa beyond recognition. You can also buy or sew a new case for old chairs. You're going to tell everyone after the stretch that these are Parisian chairs, real antiques.

Furniture refmebel and repair of upholstered furniture refmebel

A post shared by Furniture Master (@refmebel.ru) on Jul 1, 2020 at 6:45am PDT

Sometimes it is enough just to polish and polish old furniture. Refresh and give her a new life. If the furniture looks beautiful, its old look is able to exquisitely dilute the interior. Especially well old furniture is combined with the style of Provence.

Before and after

A post shared by JANAEV BR Furniture Restoration (@restavracia_mebeli_almaty_) on May 23, 2019 at 11:20am PDT

I'm very interested in these ideas, and I'm thinking about doing my furniture. I went to visit a friend: I really liked how she and her husband designed the interior. Furniture looks great - old junk is no longer recognized. My mother-in-law was pleasantly surprised that the furniture was still useful, and everyone was happy. What do you do with the old furniture: throw it away, give it a penny or give it another chance?

Tags

See also

New and interesting