Why Italian coffee is so delicious and how to make it

It’s hard to start a day without a cup of tea or coffee. For most people, this is a kind of ritual, a way to collect thoughts and tune in to work. For example, I can’t imagine my life without a delicious, strong coffee and make it every morning according to an old Italian recipe. In this article, I will share my skills and say, How to cook coffee in a geyser coffee maker.

In 1933, an Italian industrialist Alfonso Bialetti patented a geyser coffee maker and established production. Since then, it has been called Italian, and because of the peculiarities of brewing coffee, it has gained popularity all over the world. My acquaintance with this invention happened in the attic, when I was going through old things. I found my grandmother's old coffee maker, and I've been making coffee in it ever since.

By the way, the Italian coffee maker is also called “moca”. Probably because of the name of the trademark Alfonso – “Moca Express”. Moka allows you to get a drink that is somewhat reminiscent of a mix of coffee made in Turk, and coffee from the French press.

The design of the device is very simple: a water compartment, a coffee filter and an upper tank for the finished drink. Each moka is designed for the exact number of cups. Therefore, you need to add the maximum permissible volume of water, and the filter to fill the coffee to the brim.

1. Fill the bottom of the coffee maker with hot water to the level of the safety valve. If you pour cool water, the coffee will be brewed for a couple of minutes longer.

2. We're gonna need medium-grown coffee. It should be slightly larger than for espresso, but smaller than for the French press. Here everyone is experimenting with his coffee grinder - over time you will pick up an individual grinding.

3. Fill the coffee filter to the brim and set to the moca. Then we connect the lower part of the coffee maker with the top, put on the stove and close the lid.

4. After a few minutes, ready-made coffee will begin to accumulate in the upper tank. At this point, you need to open the lid and carefully monitor the drink. As soon as the moca begins to “snort”, it should be immediately removed from the fire. When the coffee boils, steam will pass through the filter. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful not to get burned.

5. Take the base of the coffee maker and carefully put under the stream of cold water to stop the extraction process. Now our delicious coffee is ready, it can be poured into cups.

By the way, before using moose, it is better to warm it up by rinsing boiling water. One cup will need 5 tsp. coffee, approximately 24 grams. For such a portion of water you need to take 10 times more, that is, 240 ml. That would make about one cup. Freaky coffee!

Tags

See also

New and interesting