A former student of journalism at Moscow State University, who worked for a long time as a barista, taught me how to make the best coffee in the world.

Andrey and I met at the gym in group classes. At first, he seemed unpleasant to me: he always forgot how many approaches should be done, how much weight should be taken. A few weeks later, I went to a coffee shop with a friend. I was surprised that Andrew was a barista. Then I understood why he had such a craving for conversation. Andrey told me how to make coffee in Turkey correctly. After that, he jokingly said that only an educated person can make coffee.

It turned out that once Andrei studied at Moscow State University, and in his student years he went to work in a cafe. The barista profession fascinated him so much that Andrei did not finish his studies, but it is still a secret for many of his acquaintances.
I’ve always loved watching a barista whip up hot milk and handle a coffee machine. There's something romantic about it. When I praised the delicious drink, Andrei said that the most delicious coffee is not made from a coffee machine, but cooked at home in Turkey. This statement made me stuporous, because home coffee is not the same as the coffee machine. But when I learned about the secrets of delicious coffee, I was convinced of the rightness of a professional.

Turkish coffee is made in Turkey. Freshly ground Arabica coffee is best. This variety is not bitter and has a richer aroma than Robusta. Coffee beans should be ground immediately before the preparation of the drink. An important condition for brewing coffee in Turkish is to brew no more than two servings in Turkey.

Clean filtered water should be cool. Bottled water is best because it is softer. The water you use depends on the taste of the coffee. To reveal the taste of coffee, you can add a pinch of salt or spice. Cinnamon stick, cardamom, black pepper are the best spices for making coffee.

Andrey doesn’t like Turkish coffee when customers order cappuccino or Americano with milk. They don’t even call it coffee. A barista with 10 years of experience likes to repeat the saying: “Coffee should be black as hell and sweet as love” – what to say, the tastes are not disputed. I share a recipe for authentic Turkish coffee for 1 person.

The ingredients
  • water
  • 2 tsp coffee
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • pinch

Preparation
  1. Coffee beans are finely ground in a coffee grinder.
  2. Pour sugar, coffee into the Turk and put a cinnamon stick and a pinch of salt.
  3. Measure the amount of water with the cup from which you drink coffee. Pour the water into Turkey and mix all the ingredients. During the brewing of coffee can not be disturbed. Water in the Turk should be lower than the narrowed neck by 1 cm, so that during the boiling coffee does not spill over the edge.

4. Now put the Turk with coffee on the stove on the middle fire. Don't leave the Turks, wait for the coffee to boil. When the foam rises, remove the Turk from the fire.
  5. Two more times put the Turk on the fire and let the foam rise.
  6. Warm the mug with boiling water. Then, without stirring, pour the coffee into a mug. The drink is served with a glass of cold water and sweets as desired. If you drink coffee with milk, just add it first.

The drink can not be mixed, because otherwise the foam will settle, and it is the main sign of Turkish coffee. For the same reason, coffee cannot be filtered through a sieve, otherwise it will no longer be Turkish coffee. To make the coffee grounds settle faster, pour 1 tsp. of cold water into the Turk and you can pour into a mug.

They say that coffee is even more tasty if you brew it in copper Turk. But a stainless steel Turk will also do. Coffee without milk is tasty to drink with scented pepper, and if you add a slice of lemon to the mug, the drink will not bitter. Coffee with milk is delicious to drink with cardamom and cinnamon. Do not be afraid to experiment, you can discover a new world of taste. Which coffee do you prefer to drink?

Tags

See also

New and interesting