There are significant differences between expensive and cheap eggs.

Are there significant differences between expensive and cheap eggs? Why pay more? Together with the editorial board "Site" We'll try to discuss this.

On the shelves of stores you can often see large differences in the price of products from one category. For example, the same weight packages of butter or milk. I always try to choose something in between: I do not buy the cheapest, but I do not overpay unnecessarily. However, there is one exception: for some reason it has become a habit to buy the cheapest eggs. An egg is an egg in Africa. Why pay more?

But one day I came to the supermarket late at night and it turned out that all the cheap eggs had already been dismantled. I had an empty refrigerator at home, and I didn’t have much time to cook in the morning. In such cases, scrambled eggs are the perfect and quick breakfast. Well, I had to buy eggs that were twice as expensive as regular eggs. I thought to myself, “I’m going to have the most expensive eggs of my life in the morning.”

While making breakfast, I noticed that expensive eggs looked almost no different from cheap ones. Well, maybe it's a little bigger. It said on the package that these were selected village eggs. The ones I usually buy are C1 or C2. So, what's the difference?

To be honest, I didn't notice her. For the purity of the experiment, I took from the refrigerator one remaining egg from the category of cheap and compared it with the selected one. The shell is exactly the same in thickness, inside the same protein and yolk, everything is as it should be. I didn’t even notice the difference in color. It tastes like normal.

As for me, these “elite” store eggs are not worth paying for. Another thing is to take the village eggs from Grandma. You can tell they're homemade. Yellow is much brighter and even the taste is more saturated. And the ones you can find on the shelves are exactly the same regardless of the price. Do you think you should overpay for the selected eggs at the supermarket?

Tags

See also

New and interesting