Pumpkins with a special seasoning that saved everyone in the nineties

“Garlic and onion pancakes? That's fire, from such a "delicacy" I, perhaps, will refuse - this was my first reaction to the suggestion of a friend to taste her experimental pumps for borscht, which she decided to prepare for lunch on the day of our meeting. And how much of a surprise I was after Anechka persuaded me to try one!

And today's edition. "Site" He advises you not to judge this recipe. Even if the name of this snack sounds too suspicious and not appetizing at all, just try to make one small batch at least once and you will understand how much you were wrong about them!

Pancakes with garlic and onions Ingredients
  • 250 ml of milk
  • 250 ml of water
  • 25g live yeast
  • 1kg flour
  • 3 bulbs
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbsp vegetable seasoning
  • salt
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. First of all, warm the water slightly and combine it in a deep bowl with yeast. Stir until the yeast dissolves completely, and then add milk to it.

2. Next, sift through the flour and mix the dough until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. After finishing, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for 1 hour. If the apartment is not particularly warm and you are lost in guesses, where to find that warm place, send a bowl to the oven - a more suitable option in this case simply not find.

3. Meanwhile, while the dough grows, the remaining ingredients can be prepared. Clean the onions from the husks and cut it with small cubes, garlic pass through the garlic coding. However, it is better to do this 5-10 minutes before the dough is ready so that the onions do not insist too long in their own juice. Otherwise, it may start to get bitter. We don't need surprises like that, do we?

4. Next, combine the dough with onions and garlic, as well as add seasoning and salt to the bowl and mix everything well again. By the way, instead of the usual vegetable seasoning, you can add a little dried basil and oregano to the dough. With real Italian spices, pumpkins will turn out a hundred times tastier! After that, leave the dough in a warm place again, but only for half an hour.

5. When the dough rises again, start frying pancakes. After roasting pancakes to gold on both sides, carefully lay them out on a plate covered with a couple of paper towels (they absorb excess oil).

Ready donuts are perfectly combined with the first courses, and just with tea disperse hurrah. We hope that you and your loved ones will enjoy such a snack. By the way, maybe you can share your impressions of onion-garlic pancakes? We look forward to your comments!

Bon appetit and a good day!

Tags

See also

New and interesting