The story of a daughter who dreams of selling her parents’ house

Children grow too fast, and there are no parents who would not make mistakes in the upbringing of their heirs. Only the missed moment is not always noticeable. Sometimes the realization of bad parenting comes too late. Or maybe this society affects the character and parents have nothing to do with it? Today we will tell a story in which our reader overheard a conversation. It changed her mind about her own children..

My husband and I got better with retirement. The children grew up and got their own children, and we, the old people, moved to a private house away from the bustle of the city. This peace and harmony I lacked for half my life, but in my youth I could not afford such luxury. Together we saved up money and moved out of town.

Now we have a house with a small plot, Lena insisted that we have our own small garden. He likes to run. My son and daughter love to visit us. They come with their families on weekends, then during holidays and summer holidays. Of course, Lena and I are happy.

In summer, we all fry kebabs together and sunbathe in the backyard, grandchildren splashing in an inflatable pool. With the garden children do not help, they are sure that now you can buy everything in the store. Everything is available on the shelves and the price tag is acceptable, so there's no point sweating over cucumbers if you have the money.

Only when I'm done harvesting the food, the kids are here. And God help her. We can still handle the beds. On one of these summer days, we sat well, ate kebab. After that, everyone went away, I started washing dishes. And then I heard a conversation from the next room, and I listened.

My daughter and son-in-law discussed the inheritance - our home. The daughter said that she plans to sell it, and with the proceeds to buy an apartment. The son-in-law approved the idea and even remembered that he had a realtor in town. Then my son-in-law urged my daughter to convince Lena to make repairs to the house (you can sell it so much more expensive). That's what they agreed on.

That conversation gave me a headache. I felt terribly hurt. It turns out that instead of working and saving for her own home, our beloved daughter decided to go the easy way. I don't know who she is. I always told her to rely on yourself.

To be honest, I haven't even thought about the will. You have to. I am seriously thinking about leaving a house to my son. It’s really scary that I can’t trust my kids. I don’t know when they became so tough... I still hope I misunderstood their conversation. But the sediment remained, I do not want to intersect with this family.”

Tags

See also

New and interesting