What Happens When You Marry Your Mother's Son?

Situations in which “husbandIt can still be "surprising", unfortunately, occur more often than we would like. However, with ex-wives statistics are quite similar.

It becomes even sadder when your new life, different from the one that was before, climbs not only directly, the husband himself, but also his persistent mother. It was in such a life episode that our reader Elena got into.

My first husband - Max - was quite cheerful and unabashed person. We had a good time with him, as a man he was quite good, worked relatively well, and I wouldn’t complain about his salary. In general, such a living person with whom it is not afraid to “drift on a small raft on the ocean of life”.

If not for one big but.

And that's his mom. In whatever situation we were, wherever we were, a phone call from Mommy at least disturbed my peace of mind, or even just ruined our plans and not even for one day. If mom wanted to, her son had to drive across town to find out the news that could be safely told over the phone.

And this woman never looked like a grandmother - "God's dandelion." A lady with a strong character, thorough forms and arrogant lower lip, who always stubbornly climbed on her upper neighbor, when the “mummy” did not like something.

My mother-in-law’s biggest dream was the birth of a grandson. Maxim grew up without a father and was an only child. The only joy and joy. It is not surprising that he grew up a little spoiled and even a little infantile. As I decided to myself, my grandson was supposed to be a version of Maxim 2.0, the same, only a lesser degree of childishness.

Not that I don’t agree with her on anything, but I will raise my child myself. I made this decision before I got married and no one could change it.

Meanwhile, in the second year of our marriage, my mother-in-law began to hint at a “normal family with a child.” Needless to say, the timing was not the right one: my search for a stable post-university job, rented housing, and the relative novelty of marriage. But this woman didn't care about such little things.

Under a huge pressure of stories about malaise, sleepless nights and the expectation of imminent death, my husband finally broke down. This time, I don’t even want to blame him: I didn’t hear all the ohs and sighs from my mother-in-law, but probably even what I heard would be enough to agree to try to “deal with the question of the heir” faster.

But nothing happened despite all the efforts. As I said, our family was young, and we spared neither time nor effort to try. Only to no avail. Then a wise but sad thought came to mind. We need to go to the hospital and get tested. Then we'll know for sure what happened.

Yes, after going to the hospital and getting all the tests, it turned out that our couple had infertility. Maxim. A week later, I find my mother-in-law screaming in tears at home, screaming indiscriminately and trying to prove something to my husband. Seeing me, she changes in her face, her lower lip stretches almost over her nose, and her pupils narrow to millimeter points.

It turned out that the son could not directly tell his mother about his illness, so he dumped it on my fragile female shoulders. Not a story, a disease. And it turned out that I am sterile, but he still loves me very much. But the mother-in-law did not like such scenarios, and she immediately decided to tell us about this. Or rather, yell.

With such a betrayal (though what a betrayal, just a brazen lie) I could not cope. She took things, moved in with her parents and filed for divorce. Nothing to share, and no one followed me. Then, when I changed my name back and finally sorted out my feelings, there were several calls from a familiar number, but I quickly blocked it.

After a while, Kirill appeared in my life. The man is 8 years older than me. Very independent and strict. I didn't like it at first: where's the humor and sudden tenderness I'm so used to? But then I saw all the advantages of living with an adult, and they fell to my taste. Married.

It has been 5 years. We walked together: me, Kirill and Zhenka – our three-year-old daughter. It’s a big city, but I was rather surprised why this meeting didn’t happen sooner: my family and ex. I see they're coming. Ex and his mom next. Having approached me, the former mother-in-law with a strained smile asked: “What, did you take a child from an orphanage?” It looks like it!

I told her with a big smile on my face. And about how her son put the disease on me, and about his lies to his mother. He's barren. There was a lot of screaming. Tears, resentments. But we heard it already from the back, as we were in a hurry to get out quickly and still stop by the store for Kinders. He loves them and collects toys inside. Although I think it's an expensive pleasure.

By the way, my ex-mother-in-law didn't really miss out: A groom from an orphanage. Cyril was also infertile, unfortunately. But he did not mind raising a child, even if not a native by blood.

As for the “similarity,” it’s a miracle. We took my daughter very small and weak, she does not even remember anything. But every year that it grows, I clearly see in it our common features with Kirill. Both in character and appearance. Why is that? I don't know. But maybe it was meant to happen.

Tags

See also

New and interesting