My mother invited me to the anniversary, but my wife also wanted to go, immediately called my mother.

What? mother's-son quality do we know? Self-doubt, dependence on someone else’s opinion, the need for guidance from the outside. We see all of this as negative moments. What do we get from the positive? Good attitude with parents, sensitivity, willingness to help, restraint.

Is it difficult for these people to grow up? For example, find a job, friends, get married, start a family? After all, in all these processes, one way or another, the mother must participate. Help with advice, tell her if she doesn't like something, solve some issues. To the average person, it looks crazy. But for a mama's son, it's the norm. But what about a wife who just found out about her husband’s relationship with her mother?

I do not understand the claims of my young wife. And every time, this fact irritates me more and more. I have heard a lot about the fact that a woman always wants to impose her will on a man, to be always right. But I thought it was just gossip and exaggeration. But life has put everything in its place.

We got married a little over a year ago. We had been walking together for three years. We have a young family and we have everything we need. My parents gave me an apartment for the wedding, although my mother did not want me to marry Alina. But my dad probably went to see me for the first time. Both are working, enough to live. I plan to have a baby in a couple of years.

But there are some difficulties. The most “mad” for me is the attitude of Alina to my mother. I know things aren't so smooth between them, but why does she forbid me to see her? I used to talk to my mom often. I visit her regularly every two weeks. I'll see my dad, too. It may take me a while to get out of the country, but that's my personal problem.

Honestly, I wasn't prepared for such whims. Alina and I see each other every day, don't we? My mother warned me about something like this. I didn't listen. Oh, come on. But here is an incident that happened recently and we still treat it, so to speak, differently. Here, judge us.

My mom's just having an anniversary. Sixty years. I know her well, so I bought a nice, very fancy dress that she sent me on the phone. I know more about the Internet than she does. I know how to use a card. It was not difficult to order this dress.

So, Alina, for obvious reasons, she did not invite. My wife and I in such cases agreed not to be offended, to keep myself in control and just have a good time. I didn't go to her parents either, so I felt great at home alone. Previously, this issue did not even cause any discussion. But now my wife wanted to come with me for the first time.

The only answer to my surprise was an unyielding desire in her eyes. I said no, gently at first. But she kept insisting. Then I got angry. Who needs the two of us? There will be relatives who have never seen her. They'll discuss it behind their backs. Then, my mom and I have this tradition of singing at home karaoke. Everyone knows that, and I'll be embarrassed with Alina.

As you can see, I continued to refuse, and Alina stood her ground. So I decided to call my mom and ask her permission. It's her party, how can I ruin it? But she was adamant, too. Said there would be a lot of people, no extra dishes. I love her for being so polite. Why didn’t I get that answer myself?

I ended up going to my mom's. I had to order a taxi, but at least arrived comfortably and without too much thought about a spoiled evening. It went really well, by the way. There were many relatives, music, celebrations. I called my wife back and tried to calm her down, but she said she went to see her parents for a few days. Drama, in general, on the level.

It's been two days and I'm worried. She didn’t respond to my phone calls, only sent me short messages later. I don't even know her parents' address. In the evening, my mother-in-law called me from another room and asked me why my family hated Alina. It took a long time to say that their daughter was just making up. It was pretty humiliating.

She's home now, but the atmosphere between us is tense. The wife, look at him, will break out. I don't know what to do. My mother advises me not to pay attention, but I am still young and with my head on my shoulders. I don’t want to leave, especially for such a far-fetched reason. But how do I convey my thoughts and feelings to Alina so that she and her parents understand me?

Absolutely nothing comes to mind. Due to one unknown incident, a young family can break up. I have not cheated, I have no bad habits. Not stupid or lazy. Girls, what else do you want?

Tags

See also

New and interesting