Husband-usurper announced that now only he manages the finances, I do not know what to do

If you've been married for a long time, you probably know How to allocate the family budget correctly. However, even the most experienced spouses, not the first year living together, encounter pitfalls. After all, no one guarantees that at some point a husband or wife will not want to spend money in a different way.

Serious problems may arise at this stage and need to be addressed immediately. But how to find a common language with a loved one who suddenly decided to turn the usual way of life upside down? That is our difficult story today.

I got married almost 10 years ago. During this time, my husband and I never had any problems with the distribution of family money. We both worked, and we both replenished the expendables. Of course, my husband earns more than I do. But it never caused any problems or difficulties.

After the birth of the child, I began to think through the list of embezzlement more carefully. I did all the shopping lists and stuff. My husband never asked me what I was spending my money on. After all, the house always had delicious food and everything for a comfortable life.

But at some point things became different. Before the holidays, I made a shopping list as usual. It came out quite big, but on the nose and Christmas and New Year! The husband suddenly wanted to see the list of products, and what he saw made him very angry. “From this day on, I will monitor the family budget!” – in a decisive voice, the husband made the verdict.

And then he called me an irrational person who doesn't know how to spend money wisely. Like, why did I decide to buy so much food, if half after the holidays I just have to throw away? Then he began to recall how last year there was a 3-type sausage cut on the festive table that no one even touched.

Seeing the same sausage in the new list of products, it finally exploded. Yes, I agree, sausage should be removed from the list. But is this such a serious reason for such tough decisions? In all the years of our life together, my husband never had any complaints about how I farm and cook. And now on you!

And we have experienced all sorts of times: a crisis, and the dismissal of my husband, and the search for new housing. We managed to overcome all the difficulties partly because I know how to save money and not spend too much. But why skimp before the holidays? Moreover, we will have guests...

My arguments did not convince my husband. Moreover, he said that it was high time for him to take control of everything and become a full-fledged head of the family. What kind of stupid stereotypes? “I am tired of having to ask for my own salary!” Now it will be different, get used to it, the last thing my husband said.

To be honest, this quarrel discouraged any desire to do anything at all. I feel like I have committed some terrible crime. Do I deserve to be treated like that? My friends tell me to let go of the situation and see how my husband handles it. They are sure that in a week he will apologize and will not want to make stupid lists every day. Maybe they’re right and just calm down.

We are sure that one part of our readers will be on the side of the husband. And the other will be in solidarity with the main character of the story, understanding her feelings. But we'd love to hear why you support a character.

You may have experienced similar situations in family life. Tell me, is there a solution to this problem? We look forward to seeing you in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting