An instructive story about a wife who received pans instead of jewelry as a gift

Pick a good one. anniversary gift - That's a problem. It is one thing when you know exactly what your loved one wants and are able to please her with this. And it is quite different when you want to improvise and give something at your discretion. Sometimes her expectations are very far from the reality you offer her.

I come from a fairly wealthy and prosperous family, I am used to good gifts. I love both receiving gifts and giving them. After all, to please loved ones is beautiful, writes 33-year-old Alla.

“My husband is well aware of my attention to important dates. Usually Kolya listened to my hints, learned my preferences and gave what I wanted most. But this time, when we celebrated 5 years of our life together, he decided to move away from my usual rules.

I was hoping for such a significant date to get something worthwhile. Dear designer earrings seemed to me a worthy choice. I wanted to get them, I hinted to my husband in advance. But at the festive dinner, he presented his gift from the heart in the form of ... a set of pans.

I don't mind kitchen utensils, but why do we need these pans? We don’t eat much at home because we can afford to go to a cafe or restaurant. Besides, I don't eat fried. In the kitchen there is a pan, but it often lies idle. Why two more? They even look cheap, like my husband bought them at a supermarket on his way home.

It's not fair, because I gave him a good watch, which he talked about a long time ago. I had to travel a lot around the city, find a suitable strap, do an engraving. I wanted the presentation to be pleasant and original. And I got pans in return!

A gift or an unsuccessful prank, Of course, to the last I thought that this was just not a very successful prank. I looked carefully at the package, hoping the earrings were hidden somewhere inside. In vain. Then I thought maybe my husband would give me a gift the next morning. But the morning surprise didn't make me happy.

In the morning, Kohl woke me up and offered to make pancakes for him. Yeah, any of the pans I got yesterday. I just didn't have the words to respond. These 5 years he was so attentive and loving. And his relationship with me in the last 2 days can not even explain.

I already had friends to boast that my husband will give expensive earrings. Now I have nothing to show you. In the evening we will meet, ask how the holiday went, ask for a gift. What about me? I'll get them pans to show off? Or is it a hint for a wife who can't cook?

I called my mom, complained about the gift. I thought she would support me. But she just laughed. She said I had a good husband, and I had to think more about the comfort of home than my whims. But am I asking so much? the woman resented.

It seems that Nicholas did not guess at all with the gift, although there were probably reasons for this. Maybe now a man does not have the opportunity to be generous to an expensive present. Or maybe he wants his wife to indulge him in homemade food more often. Even if it's pancakes. In any case, we hope that Alla and Nikolai will be able to find a common language and one inappropriate gift will not become a problem for their relationship.

Tags

See also

New and interesting