You love to give gifts? And try to remember what is the most precious gift you gave? Even if it's a very impressive diamond necklace, anyway you do not make it to the stamp 10 most expensive gifts in the world.
1. In the first place a gift that has a few hundred years pleases the eye - the world-famous Taj Mahal. This architectural masterpiece was presented by Shah Jehan Indian his beloved wife, though posthumously. When lovely woman Shah died in childbirth 14 child inconsolable ruler captured all my love in stone. The architectural ensemble as if born every day at dawn and dies at sunset. Even severe conquerors Persians destroyed Delhi were so enamored tale carved in stone that did not dare to even come close to the tomb.
2. On the second gift is not man-made, but no less impressive. The island of Scorpios, acquired by billionaire Aristotle Onassis. This small piece of land of 500 acres, and its shape resembles a scorpion was a childhood dream future of the rich. But it did not stop Aristotle, when he decided to give such a valuable thing to his beloved Jacqueline Kennedy. Their wedding took place on the same island.
3. And closes the top three is not that the most expensive, but the most exquisite gift in the world. The memory of this gift has been living for two thousand years, and became a legend referred to in a number of books. A gift idea belongs to Mark Antony, apparently this young man so wanted to win the heart of the legendary Cleopatra, that was any fiction. He bought the most expensive and beautiful pearl, which was known to the world at the time, put it in a glass of wine and offered a gift to the queen to throw into the sea, if he have not to her taste.
4. The great kings of the past were also generous in their gifts. So the ruler of France, Louis XIV was nicknamed "Sun King" gave his, and unloved wife Sable coats. Just do not rush dismissive snort, the length of the coat was a mile. And all to the queen could in the morning, barely getting out of bed, calmly walk to the gazebo in the garden, not bothering to dress up shoes and zastuzhaya while his royal feet. Do not coat, and just some rug sable.
5. It is not only legendary personalities and powers that can please their wives and sweethearts with expensive gifts. It turns out even people of modest but unusual professions are able to present a luxurious surprise. So a treasure hunter, whose name is unknown gave his beloved wife three chests full of treasures. Try to guess where he got them, of course, one of the wrecks. Well, however, to be romantic.
6. Here is another legendary gift, just as valuable as immaterial. It is the soul, usually the product is sold, and this is the only case where it presented. Goethe in his creation of "Faust" described as the eponymous hero beloved Margaret gives the most valuable thing he has. The only pity is that the end of the story is very sad. So be careful gifts should be chosen, even if you want to beat everyone else.
7. And on the seventh gift just shocking, that's really really giver went down in history forever. Maybe, of course, the noise would be smaller and, if we were talking about the lesser-known person. But an unusual gift presented himself Van Gogh. Guess what? Of course, the ear, the most genuine, wrapped in a small svertochek and offered to a girl from the Parisian brothel with a request to keep a present for life.
8. A famous pair of bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde remember? Bandit gave his lover a whole plantation of cactus, and anything funny, is not simple, as those of which make tequila, blue agave is called. Except that the paper is certified by the gift and was not found, and the workers on the plantation still do not know what belonged to one of the most famous women in history.
9. At the end is not so magnificent gift, but pleasant and most importantly constant. Athlete 60s Joe DiMaggio proved loyal fans every day in love wearing red roses in gift Marilyn Monroe, even when they broke up, even after the death of her grave every day there are fresh red roses. That's dedication for such dreams, probably every girl, well, who said that there is no eternal love?
10. Closes ten carat diamond set in 70, not much, but beautiful. This stone, presented by Richard Burton his lover - Elizabeth Taylor, was very unusual faceted and cost fabulous money. By the way, Taylor was getting married to this man as much as twice!