As women age, they often develop unaesthetic fat deposits in the waist and abdomen. This problem becomes most obvious after 45 years. There are several ways you can get rid of belly fat without liposuction. The simplest of them is a properly selected diet and physical activity.
The reasons for the appearance of "age" belly in women
The percentage of adipose tissue increases with age. This is due, first of all, to hormonal changes in the body. With the onset of menopause, estrogen levels rise sharply. Fluid begins to accumulate in the muscle tissues, the muscles weaken, and the fat layer, especially in the abdomen and waist, grows.
In addition to subcutaneous adipose tissue, after 45 years, the total amount of visceral fat also increases, which protects the internal organs. It is he who is often the cause of a bulging abdomen.
Hormones are far from the only factor affecting changes in the female figure after 45 years. The abdomen and sides are most often enlarged for the following reasons:
- unbalanced diet (fast food, carbonated drinks, smoking and marinades);
- diseases (diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism);
- bad habits (alcohol, smoking);
- low physical activity (office work, TV, computer games);
- stress and prolonged nervous tension.
Only a surgeon can help you quickly get rid of fat deposits on the sides and abdomen. However, it is likely that if you do not follow the diet and activity, the excess volumes will soon return again.
You can get a visible, and most importantly, long-term result only by using an integrated approach. For this you need:
- switch to proper nutrition;
- increase regular physical activity.
The first thing to do is to exclude the possibility of pathologies. A visit to the doctor will close this issue once and for all. If the growth of the abdomen is not associated with disease, then you should review your diet.
Exclude from the daily menu:
- white flour baked goods;
- smoked and fried foods;
- fatty meat (lamb, pork) and fish (salmon, mackerel);
- semi-finished products.
- increase your intake of protein (fish, turkey) and fiber (all vegetables, except starchy and legumes);
- switch to fractional 5 meals a day;
- control the portion size (200 g or 300 ml (for soups));
- chew food thoroughly (satiety comes faster);
- drink water (calculation - 40 ml per 1 kg of weight);
- once a week arrange a fasting day.
There are several ways to increase your daily physical activity:
- do exercises;
- refuse transport (walk more);
- use the stairs, not the elevator;
- take walks daily (at least 6 km).
At home, you can do a set of exercises that will not only drive off excess fat, but also tighten your abdominal muscles.
The most effective elements are:
- plank (lateral, with hips lifting);
- lifting legs in the hanging and to the side;
- rock climber;
- lateral slopes;
- lifting arms and legs;
- twisting (lateral and obliquely);
- gluteal bridge.
All these elements can be done at home. They do not require additional equipment and only use their own weight.
Adhering to a healthy diet and moderate physical activity will allow you to see results as early as 5 weeks. The effect can be enhanced with the help of a special massage that will strengthen the muscles and help get rid of excess fluid.