A person spends eating 5% of their lives, and usually does not know,
what he eats and what are the properties of these products.
Let's look at the most interesting facts associated with eating.
1. Peanut is not a nut. It belongs to the legume. Furthermore, peanuts included in dynamite.
2. The most near relative of almonds is a peach.
3. Acorns used as a coffee substitute during the American Civil War.
4. Americans eat almost 100 acres of pizza a day, that is, about 350 slices per second.
5. Apples, potatoes and onions have the same taste, if you eat them with a closed nose.
6. The seeds are poisonous apple. In addition, apples are more efficient assistants in the morning waking than caffeine.
7. Bananas is not a fruit. They are a type of grass, except that they contain chemicals that can lift your mood. And the smell of bananas and green apples, it is the smell, rather than receiving them for food, promotes weight loss.
8. Honey is the only product that does not spoil.
9. Salads McDonald's contain up to 60% more fat than their burgers.
10. In the US, 99% of pumpkins sold only for the purpose of decoration for Halloween.
11. parsley seed oil contains in its structure hallucinogenic substances.
12. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
13. Strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges.
14. The inventor waffle did not like waffles.
15. The powder in the chewing gum is melkomolotym marble.
16. Studies on the molecular genetic level showed that the DNA of animals and fungi as close as possible. In Oregon, was found a giant mushroom, which has more than 2400 years, and its size - 3, 4 square miles, and it continues to grow.
17. The color chili does not affect the taste. The smaller the pepper, so it is sharper.
18. Cookies were invented in 1916 by the manufacturer noodles Jojo Young in Los Angeles.
19. Saffron is made of small dried flowers crocus stamens and is the most expensive spice.
20. Rice is the staple food of more than half the world's population.