As ill tempered people: Cold water with a cold

Cold water helps with colds. I am sure that many people will disagree with me. And you know why? Because we have stable stereotypes of childhood. When we are constantly kutal and warned “don't go without a hat”, “don't sit in the draft,” etc.

I have long understood that cold water cures the common cold. In 80-e years of the last century my wife treated our children from the chronic cold using cold water. Then he published a book Tolkacheva “Exercise against the disease”. A more complete guide to hardening I have never met. It is very well documented procedure of treatment of children and adults with cold water and fresh air.

To harden with cold water I started only 55 years. In those years it dawned on me that the body is well-trained and adaptable to different conditions.You feel sorry for him and spoiling he will be weak and sick. And begin to temper and train it and steeled and become stronger.

If with enough practice you can objectively measure progress, how to determine the degree of its hardening?

I must say that diving in the hole for me is not an indicator. Many in the Baptism bathing in ice water and nothing. Typically, these emails lead to colds.

Get cold often in more comfortable conditions. I have it happened or when, get wet feet in the spring or from heated car come out without a hat on is a breeze.

Your conclusion about the benefits of tempering I did that to catch a cold almost stopped. But if sick, the disease is relatively easy. And cured me again cold water helps. Tablets and rinses already do not drink. As example, here is a short diary of my cold in March 2015. And then tell you about how I almost hardened.

The diary of my illness. On the first day.Today is Monday and I think I got sick. And it pleases. It would seem to rejoice?

This is a great reason to check my body. By nature I am an experimenter and have several years of experience in different rehabilitation methods. How long will I hurt? How hard? More recently, I definitely had quinsy 2-3 times per year. Now these colds become less frequent. Let's see how this will take place after two years of dousing with cold water.

Don't know how long was the incubation period. Seems to have started on 8 March, Sunday. At 6 am I was already in the pool and in total, spent in the water 1.5 hours. First we went to the 4 m depth with scuba gear scrubbing the bottom. Then an hour swim, training.

After the pool, I came home and immediately went for a run. I have cycle training for a triathlon. Wanted to check how I'm going to run after swimming. Ran 2 hours ran 21 km. Dressed fairly easy t – shirt with long sleeves. Not cold, but especially warm was not. Temperature about 0 degrees and at times a strong crosswind.

Today I went to the bath. In the morning there was some slight discomfort. Before the bath I was doing exercises with the kettlebells in the sun. Was in a light turtleneck sweater and a hat.

In the bath I noticed signs of a sore throat. And even happy. So let's see how tempered the body will fight the infection.

Monday evening. Viruses come. Sore throat could be felt clearly. And from past experience, this means that in the morning throat will be sore.

The night made himself a thermos of berries of wild rose. And before bed I drank 0.5 litres of this decoction with honey. The whole night, then went to the toilet.

And before bedtime, rinse face with cold water. Several times while I massaged my thumbs the nose. It helped to clear my nasal passages. Also anoint the nose and beneath the balm of a cold from Thailand. All procedures have allowed to breathe, falling asleep. The night passed quietly.

The second day. Tuesday.

Usually the next morning after the start of a cold, my throat hurts, so it hurts to swallow. And today, only a slight tickle. This gives me hope that I really seasoned people. Waited 11 hours, when already in all the sun was shining and went for a run.

Initially, the forces were. But, ran two kilometers and felt weakness and laziness. I decided to take a relaxing walk. It was about 10 degrees. The sun was warm, and I just enjoy the fact that you can go and nowhere to run.

Think about their working points, about training. I took off my hat and sunbathed in the sun. On the first spring, this really warm sun. After Jogging went to lie down, because the weakness wouldn't let go.

Then I went to work, but I will not say that I was comfortable. Slight pain in the temples and the bridge of the nose. Sometimes accumulated snot and a cough. Sometimes the coughing was strong. And then when came back went to sleep, because otherwise nothing. Complete lack of energy and desire to do something. The appetite bad.

How bad to be sick, but at the same time, the feeling sick, not as much as before.

Day three. Environment.My interim conclusion: I still hardened and cold is the milder option. A simple morning dousing with cold water, bring their results.
Today I went day 3, as I have a cold. Before bed took a shower the cold, cold water. Special attention was paid to rinsing the face with cold water. Still did exercise cleaver, which stimulate diaphragmatic breathing.

The exercise “tin man”

I. p. Legs wider than shoulders, hands up. As if holding an ax. Breath. Sharply bend with the “axe” down and hands between his legs and exhaled sharply. When you exhale sucking your stomach in and say “Ha.” And so a few times.While it is good to cough sputum from the bronchi. I have nothing much came out, although I tried. He had gone to bed perfectly clean breath.

Night slept well, but the weakness was. Joints were aching. Very similar to how it is the flu.

Fourth day. ThursdayMorning woke up with clean breath. There was a desire to go for a jog first thing in the morning, but decided to postpone. The process is clearly on the mend and his appetite. Ate oatmeal, drank coffee. Now ready to work. Although still have a slight French accent. The process is clearly on the mend. What pleases me? Is that not a sore throat and was sick very little. As if warned- “take action, viruses is at hand.”

Therefore, we will continue to harden so that these small colds I had.

The actual cold has gone, so went for a run. Such an easy comfortable run. You can feel that there is enough energy in the body. When I tried to run on day 2 of a cold, it was noticeable that the strength is very small. Now I ran comfortable and relaxed. Ran in the street. Did crunches, shoulders, pull-UPS. The amount of energy in the body filled.

Although there are still slight hoarseness and soreness of the nose. Pleasant plus running that when it all this comes out of you. Cleaned and the breath of the bronchi expectorated sputum. If not go to run, unknown how many would be there she still sat.

Therefore, physical activity in the fresh air is necessary in the healing process and treatment of acute respiratory diseases. But actually this is my flu is finished.

Life returned to normal. So it happened that in the struggle with the cold takes two days. On Monday night I somehow was not myself. Tuesday and Wednesday I was sick, but without bed rest. Possible pretty much slept and went to bed early. A lot of drinking, a lot of ice-cold water and no medicines. That's all the treatment.

Friday morning. Fifth day.There is no signs of a cold. All healthy and ready to deliver the standards TRP and what I wish to all the readers.

As I tempered.Every morning I take a cold shower. The whole procedure takes no more than 2-3 minutes. The benefits of it are huge. The article I wrote in 2015. Now January 2016. Never had the flu. Although the reasons for this was enough. And wet feet, and walking without a hat in the offseason and running in the cold in shorts and t-shirt. It really works.

How I do it. Write the points:

1.Go to the bathroom.

2.Close the drain hole with a stopper.

3.Open the cold water tap.

4.Getting water to the ankle.

5.Undress.

6.Be in the tub. Take up the flexible shower.

7.Begin to wet feet from the feet up to the waist.

8.From the waist go higher and reach the face and head. All pouring no more than 15-20 seconds.

9.Drops shower down on and off the water.

10.If desired, repeat with p # 7.

11. Wiped as usual. Not until the red.

Every time to do the dousing I got slightly tuned. Always is stressful and it is difficult to get used to. It is believed that it is due to stress and the release of hormones is the strengthening of the immune system.

Beginners can advise a gradual transition to the pouring of the whole body. Start with your feet and knee. Don't make the water any warmer. Start with the coldest. Change the time and area with cold water.

The main thing regularly and gradually. You can start at any time of the year. But it is better in the summer. Then the winter will already have a database hardening.

How long to harden? How to start and do not stop. Here's how training. While training, the body maintains shape. Left. It's all gone. Then have to start again. published

Author: Dmitry Pokrovsky

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: //man50.ru/novosti/orz-i-zakalivanie-kak-boleyut-zakalenye-lyudi/

Tags

See also

New and interesting