I'm sitting in the kitchen eating dumplings, and my daughter comes in.

I have a good friend named Denis, the father of a charming little girl of six. The girl is all in her father - just as active, quick and sharp on the tongue. Denis told me a funny story that happened to them.

He comes home from work. His wife was on a business trip at that time, so the young father had to cook breakfasts, lunches and dinners on his own. Like most men, Denis did not like to bother with cooking. So that evening I took a pack of dumplings, threw them into boiling salted water, waited until the food “surfaced”, cooked a little and voila – as in the best restaurants in Paris.

He was just about to start eating when his daughter came into the kitchen. The exemplary father immediately offered his daughter to taste Dad's cooking. After a little thought, she said,

- Yeah, maybe put me a few grand.

As a person who takes everything for the most part literally, Denis carefully reprimanded exactly two dumplings, put them on a plate and handed them to his daughter. She looked carefully at the dish, looked at her father, and asked with complete bewilderment:

- What is it?!

- Well, you asked for a couple.

The girl endured a dramatic pause and, rolling her eyes slightly, was outraged:

- Paapa! A couple is at least seven grand!!!

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting