Chuchvara - dumplings in Uzbek ...

There are ideas that are so simple that they could not come to mind, wherever people lived. For example, wearing a hat. Or cook the meat, wrapped it in the dough. It is no coincidence the idea ravioli covered an entire continent - from Yakutia and to Lebanon.
But as in the traditional cap can guess where I came from man, and on dumplings can say a lot about the culinary traditions of the region.
For example, Uzbek dumplings - chuchvara disclose the nature of the Uzbek cuisine is not worse than the great Uzbek pilaf. And that is important - dumplings talk about the other side of the Uzbek cuisine, not the front, and everyday, less wasteful, but no less colorful and delicious. Uzbek traditions do not approve of extravagance. The question of "how to make a delicious" are often solved by hard work, rather than using expensive products. But at the same time, technology is fine handmade to rational thought and admiration to the limit!

But let's about everything in order.

With minced issues should not occur - want it sounded to you in Uzbek, place the onion a little more than accustomed to, simply because in Uzbekistan put more onion in any dish. Eat, apart from self-evident black pepper, traditional Central Asian cumin and coriander. But the meat in Uzbekistan would have taken what is, not really choosing, as dumplings, in fact, the case at home, no frills. It is in front of guests, or from a good life are beginning to prepare for mutton and even with bacon fat tail, and not only because the lamb in Uzbekistan traditionally more expensive beef, but because of a very ordinary - in the opinion of any Uzbek mutton any dish tastier. Taste this, you know?
So, if you want to feel the difference between chuchvara and traditional Russian dumplings, take one of the sheep's flesh floor of the sheep's tail fat and onions is much greater than is usually taken - for example, a kilo of meat, seven hundred grams of onions, no less. Season with coriander, black pepper, zira, add dry greens - the same coriander, basil, and if you wish, then another, and mint. Honestly, minced mint in unusual for Uzbekistan, so consider this point my personal advice.

That's about the test once again I want to advise to deviate from the traditional test for chuchvara, which differs little from the Russian dumpling dough. I suggest to go toward the use of a slightly larger number of eggs and a combination of normal flour with flour hardwood wheat for cooking Italian pasta - durum. Never mind that durum not delivered yesterday to the supermarket around the corner from your house - you remember the name, but you certainly will fall flour, then buy. While it is possible to cook and with a simple meal.
So, five eggs a glass of water, salt, 700 grams of flour durum and common flour - how many will ask dough. Or, just put a kilo plain flour and gradually add more as take. What does it mean? You start to knead and add the flour until the dough will not appear until very firm, so that his pieces are no longer willing to stick into one. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, let soak thirty or forty minutes, and when it becomes softer knead again.
Roll out the dough into a large, thin sheet.

The sheet was cut into squares of 2, 5 to 2, 5 cm.

No spoon to spread the stuffing will not work on such a small piece, so take a lump of beef in one hand and the fingers of the other hand very quickly unpack it on the squares.
Uzbek sculpt dumplings, as well as Russian, it would be better three-four. One person lays minced and the remaining mold, because even a little bit, and the dough is dry - hurry!

Sculpt something very simple! Folding leaf scarf.

Close up the edge.

And now the two bottom edges wrapped scarves around his little finger - that's ready!
You know, you can spend even less time - enough to blind the upper corner gussets and two lower corner of each other, stuffing already will stay inside and not fall - many do chuchvara and does not become less tasty.

Is it possible to somehow speed up the case, using sophisticated machines?
Machine for making ravioli long we lay idle. And I thought, if not this time, then when? After all, content is more important than form, and if the form will contain the Uzbek ravioli taste beef, it would still be chuchvara!
But alas - saving time did not happen. First, roll the dough, then fold it in half, insert properly.

Then on top of the hopper to place the stuffing, stuffing Lay, tamp and then the fun begins. Spin a pen, but obtained from a machine-gun belts with pre-ravioli. We can only give them to dry, and then divide.
Interestingly, a nickname did not occur to cook large pieces of ribbon or, say, three by three? To divide them into pieces in the dish? Let consumers to practice!

However, it turned out that the Italian car is designed for thicker dough, not on such a delicate, as we used to.
It was found that the dough must be pretty podpylyat flour, otherwise nothing happens.
And it turned out that our stuffing is too thick for the machine - you need thinner.
Well, how to make it thinner? Take a bad grinder and push meat juice? Or take more onions? But everything is good in moderation, so the idea of ​​onion is also not suitable ...

Listen, I'm glad when I meet with the problems that make me think. For example, the solution of this problem led me to a very simple but successful idea. Yogurt! Katyk! Sour cream!
After all, in Uzbekistan, as in Russia, many eating dumplings with sour cream or katyk. And someone - I heard - adds yogurt in stuffing for chebureks to make them juicier. And in Lebanon in general dumplings served in a sour-milk sauce.
So why not add the yogurt directly into the stuffing for ravioli? Looking ahead to say - I really liked the result. And you also try, if religion does not forbid.

But just acquire ravioli and nalopatsya would somehow not on our way, not in Uzbek. Need sauce!

All the usual way: fry the onion in oil, add turmeric, garlic, carrots, cumin and coriander.
Just let the words "as usual" do not enter you into depression. After all, what it means to respect the tradition? This means that either do as usual!

And this sauce is absolutely fit into the modern Uzbek tradition, because it is prepared as usual. After putting carrots chopped or mashed tomatoes, give prizharitsya. Not the season for fresh tomatoes and not canned, without salt and vinegar? Well, take the tomato paste, fry it and add a little water. Why do coined this product? To replace missing tomatoes!

Sweet paprika, and perhaps in combination with a sharp chili pepper - and certainly we have to put quite generously, because inexpensive and quite tasty.

Pepper and dried herbs. Here celery in Uzbekistan is even more rare. Well, nothing, once and tomatoes were again, and now - did you go, do without tomatoes in Uzbek cuisine!

Here used more grass called "Jambul" for freshness, but once Jambul there is not expected (it does not tolerate transportation, and in central Russia does not grow as it should), then take the thyme leaves.
Actually, I want to say about the ingredients and especially spices. No Jambul? No garden savory, harvested before flowering? Well, do not! Do you think that without them nothing happens?
But if you have black pepper for stuffing will not - you give up because of this idea to cook dumplings? A laurel will not, and will not become their cook, huh? Well, funny as! Take a look at the main stop rush of irrelevant detail. All will come with time, not once. Onions, carrots, tomatoes have? That's the main thing in this sauce instead of Jambul some. And the rest - will fall as it may be in the eye of another time and buy it, let it lie at home, bread does not ask. And the food each time will change the taste will be richer and brighter.

Long did not have to fry, add a little broth and remove the heat to low, or after boil, remove all the heat and cover the pan. Vaughn, green pepper see? This is optional. I love. A man, when he is eating, must forehead sweat.

About the broth. Know - having read the word "soup" many throw up your hands and give up any chuchvara or served to Zimin. This is because many have before to live well, that the bones are left in the market, and home are just the flesh, that his hand is not overstrained. That is wrong, comrades. Bones from the market should be taken away. Butchers they are useless, and you in the kitchen, where there is no stock, looks like yesterday's bride, who was sent to prepare breakfast.
Navarro one time five to six liters of good broth, pour into containers and freeze yes! And the place is small holds and stored for a long time and there is always something to eat.
Well, if there is not the broth, add water to the sauce, and I'll Wink to a secret - will still be delicious. With the broth would be even better, but let's leave that idea for later.

Here and cook dumplings would be better off in the broth. And there is no stock, so put on the stove a pot of water, onion there, carrot, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt - let cook and will be very nice!

First place in the box office the same sauce.

Then ravioli who laid much.

Top up the broth in which the cooked dumplings. Want - add a little more sauce, but if not, then be sure to finely chop the sweet onion salad, mix it with greens and garnish with a bunch of these dumplings.
It's full meal, you know? Therefore, onions necessarily need - for digestion.

Tell me, but in such a way that chuchvara you do not like? Lagman not remember? After all the ingredients are the same form of presentation is the same dish ... and even more to taste. All the same, and some form of what it means!
Can not run now to the refrigerator or in the dining room, and listen to me a little more? I want to talk with you for a very interesting topic.
What kind of name is - chuchvara - what it means, wonder? Vara - a corruption of the Arabic varakha, Persian and Turkic Barak, which translated means leaf. Chuch - a corruption of the Persian dyush - cooking. Boiled leaves - that's what it means to the name of this dish.
But leaves boiled with meat and onions (and tomato and bell pepper is superficial, recent) - it's beshbarmak. But the name beshbarmak already have a good, no doubt translation - five fingers. Look, this is an obvious adaptation, change the words to a more convenient and meaningful way. I am just absolutely convinced, first in the name of the great dishes no finger was not, and was Barak, Barak - list! Well, could not appear there fingers, she could not appear in the title of the plug any European dishes. Do not form the names of dishes from the tools that they eat. From dishes - form, the method of preparation - please on the form and content - very often. And the form and content of this beshbarmak in Kazakh version - leaves and there!

With beshbarmak the same thing happened, that Ukrainian dumplings - strange word Barak, as Barak was transformed into a comfortable and friendly dumplings - they also cook! But it was right, in the Ukrainian cuisine has Pancakes - this is the case.
Therefore, the root of all these dishes one - the same beshbarmak, boiled dough sheets. The fact that these sheets was used for packaging meat is a consequence of what they wanted to do more convenient for the consumer to not take it apart meat, onions separately, individual tests, but - for you have a finished product. And turned into minced meat at once - for you even more comfortable, even chew meat is not necessary. And dimensions reached convenient to such that one product at one time was placed in the mouth, also arising out perfectly logical development of the theme.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting