Rule 15 meetings: how to acquire useful connections

The head of Dragon Army Apps Jeff Hellmayr talks about his philosophy of communication for business leaders.

I'm someone who wholeheartedly believes extensive contacts can help people in almost every sphere of life. Especially in the development of your business. I already wrote about creating such a network of relationships, but I never talked about his philosophy of conduct for business leaders.

One tried and true rule that I suggest to any Manager of the company, is rule 15 meetings. The idea is simple: you should spend at least 15 meetings a week.

Here are a few important considerations:

• Meetings should increase the growth potential of the business. It can be conversations with existing customers, potential customers, partners or other people who have good connections. Coffee with a friend from Church who works on his farm, is not considered — if you are not engaged in agricultural business.

• At least 75% of the meetings should be private. The more the better.

• No need to talk about business at these meetings. Building your "network" focused on long-term relationship, not a transaction every time you meet someone.

That's all! Three meetings a day (on average) is not so difficult to make, and honestly, I think 20 a week and more — much better.

In this strategy there are several bonuses. It forces leaders to get outside of the four walls of his office, gives them the opportunity to spend time thinking about the business and their team in this time learn to do without the boss.

How to work with e-mail Tim cook, bill gates and other top managers

Interviews: 4 critical reception when an unexpected question employer

But the real benefit — nACHAT to the construction of connections to a few years later it was the most important component of your business development.published

Author: Jeff Hellmayr

Source: ideanomics.ru/articles/8205

Tags

See also

New and interesting