Curry quinoa with vegetables

In recent times quinoa is becoming more popular, and I decided to conduct an experiment.

What is so wonderful quinoa:

• First of all, it really taste great. I cooked quinoa in both sweet and savory dishes, it turned out equally well. I prefer to mix it with rice and oatmeal.

• Quinoa is one of the most easily digestible foods, in addition, it is not at all gluten. So quinoa is suitable for everybody. But remember, although this grain is easily digested as other grains, it is recommended to soak before cooking.

• Quinoa is protein in its purest form. Great news for vegans and vegetarians.

• Quinoa is rich in manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus and tryptophan (tryptophan depends on the mood).

How to cook quinoa?

Grains is recommended not only to soak before cooking, and then give them to stand for some time to undergo the process of fermentation.

Cooking quinoa is very simple: take 1 Cup of beans to add to her water so much that it completely covered them, and a tablespoon of buttermilk, yogurt or lemon to ferment the grains, then leave for the night.
Go tell that to soak grains is desirable, but not required. I have also heard that quinoa can be bitter aftertaste, if not soak at least two hours before cooking. I've never felt the aftertaste — probably soaking did the trick!

If you soaked quinoa before cooking, rinse the grain. Then cook just like rice: for each Cup of quinoa takes 2 cups of water (or half, if you like, when grain is crunched on the teeth). Keep in mind that during the night in water quinoa will swell, but when calculating the initial focus should be on quantity and not on the newly formed.

Bring the water to a boil, then add quinoa, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until grain has absorbed all the water. Grains should "open up" — when this happens, you will at once understand about what speech.

Curry quinoa with vegetables

For one serving we need:

• about ½ Cup cooked quinoa

• coconut oil

• ¼ Onion, finely chopped

• 1 heaping tsp curry powder

• cooked and chopped vegetables of your choice (I like zucchini, carrot, pumpkin, etc.)

How to prepare:

Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Put the onion and fry until it becomes soft, then add curry and fry together with the onion for a few minutes. Add, stirring all the vegetables and even a minute or two let the mixture pogotovit, to marry flavors. Serve with quinoa. Bon appetit! published
Author: Helen Stevens

Lassi with turmeric — napik of youth and beauty

Delicious cupcake from flour of spelt and pumpkin

Source: macrobiotica.ru/articles/food/259/

Tags

See also

New and interesting