5 healthy alternatives to classic crepes and pancakes

For that, you love pancakes?

I — for the state, in which they immersed me. The feeling of care, of warmth and comfort, when there is no need to rush and when the "all home".

I have a clear Association between the pancakes and joy, as a kid, almost every Sunday my mom cooked us amazing pancakes or fritters. My favorite fillers of the past — buckwheat honey and condensed milk. And on holidays — and the caviar and smoked salmon.

Still every 1 January, the Christmas and birthday, wherever I was, prepared (or cooked for me) my favorite childhood snack.

And for that you don'T like pancakes?

For the white flour? Sugar? Eggs? Surely you, like me, is not the first year experimenting with different approaches to healthy eating, and pancakes, of course, does not fit into a healthy diet.

That is why, not wanting to abandon the children's favorite treats, but wanting to have good health, digestion and figure I in recent years tried a lot of recipes if not the most useful, certainly not the most harmful, Browns, and pancakes. And in this post I will share with you my favorite recipes, tested and approved by my best friends.

In my house the last 3 years, no white flour, no white sugar, and I can easily cope without them, indulging in the pleasures. Agree, great all helpful Breakfast — cereal, smoothies, and omelets — sometimes to break away on the pancakes, especially if they are not so harmful.

I prefer to bake the pancakes in clarified butter (ghee). He has a lot of advantages compared to all other oils. Also great coconut oilif the body absorbs it well (my treats him not much, but all the Western fans of school swear it's the best plant variant of oil for cooking.) It is a plus that when heated it turns into something dangerous, clogging blood vessels (as in other vegetable oil).

And finally: I almost never follow recipes exactly to the t, and therefore the most difficult to spell out all the proportions, especially because, as I learned from a professional chef in any cooking is always a lot of nuances, starting with food and ending with the humidity of the climate in which you are. Therefore, all dosages I have are approximate.

Banana pancakes

They contain no flour, no sugar (so it is: gluten-free recipe suitable for paleo diets).

2 banana mash with a fork or in a food processor, add 2 eggs, a little salt, a little cinnamon and vanilla and fry in ghee. All! Bake.

To them — 5 minute homemade jam without sugar. Frozen blueberries (any frozen or fresh berries) bring to a boil, remove from heat, and when the fruit has cooled slightly, add honey. Purr.

Pancakes made from whole wheat flour

Model common flour of oat, spelt or any other whole grain instead of white sugar added dark (I prefer coconut sugar) = finally, we obtain the much less harmful Goodies.

Pancakes with carrot and Apple for chickpea flour (vegan)

Flour from chickpeas contains useful protein and gives a binding effect that usually makes the egg. Why this recipe works great during lent.

Just RUB in a large grater Apple and small carrots, combine with the chickpea flour, add salt and repaid soda, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract.

Sweet love — add dark sugar.

Well gram flour is pre-pour warm water for 2 hours to remove bubbles that formed on top. So it will be easier to digest.

Bake and enjoy.

Pancakes from nut or coconut flour

Instead of the usual flour put any melcorazmashisty nut (preferably almond). In health food stores usually sold such nut flour, but it is easy to make at home, grinding nuts in a coffee grinder.

But be warned: the pancakes can produce not only culinary sensation, but to provoke an intra-family struggle for the rapidly flying away from the last plate of pancakes. So it is better reinsurance and make a lot at once.

Chia flapjacks (vegan)

For fans Superfoods — pancakes Chia seed. In recipes Chia often replace eggs, so they can just add the bananas. Chia needs to be soaked so they swell (especially good in almond milk, they acquire a delicate flavour) and bring to the desired consistency, bake.

And you can use as the basis for whole-wheat or oat flour and use Chia as a Supplement — a source of protein and minerals.

Also delicious: Pumpkin muffins: 2 great recipe

Greek tomato fritters with feta and bulgur

There are in gastronomy and raw pancakes, but whenever I tried such (even myself a couple of times did raw in the dryer), it's not the same. But the above 5 options give the feeling of home, comfort, sweet smell of vanilla and frisky, in which each of us wants to take periodically.

Cook with love!

Author: Elizaveta Babanova

Source: elizavetababanova.com/zdorovye/5recipies.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting