Pickled radish

For us, this is new, at least in any book about preserving, I found nothing about pickling radishes. I met several times about pickling turnips, but it is not quite that. But in the West, and in the East, this vegetable is very respected in fermented form. It turns out quite tasty, and goes well on sandwiches or in salads (for example, I successfully replaced them pickles in the salad).

Unlike cucumbers, radishes leavens faster and easier, and retains its crunchiness, but loses its pungency. The radish is not as juicy as a cucumber, but also absorbs the brine and taste of spices. Pickled radish pink color, because during fermentation, the pigment from the skins goes into solution, which is impregnated with the pulp of the root.

Take:

• 15-20 pieces of radish;
  • 1 liter of water;
  • 2 tbsp (35-40 g) sea salt;
  • 3 cloves of garlic;
  • 20 pieces of black pepper;
  • 1 Bay leaf.

Pour water in a pot, add salt and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt. Let simmer a few minutes, remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, wash the radish and slice it into thin slices. On the bottom of the jar put the peas black pepper, Bay leaf and tightly fold the sliced radishes. Pour in a jar of brine at room temperature so that it covered the entire radish. Loosely close the jar lid and place in a cool dark place for 10-14 days. At expiration — put the jar in the fridge.

Source: brukva.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting