How to cook quick jam

Here are some cheap strawberries, then I'll buy two boxes and finally najnoviji jam. Cooked until September, after the strawberries will be apricots and peaches, then plums, then apples...

I loved this activity since childhood, when haven't cooked myself, but just helped mom and grandma. There is some kind of naturalness, solidity and calm. And if you make jam in a copper basin, so in General, I do not know why, but I feel a real lady.

My mother and grandmother always cooked "long"jam. They were concerned that the syrup remained clear, and berries to keep the form. To do this, cook it for a few days – each time only bringing it to the boil and leaving to infuse before heating. Such a jam I love, but at some point thought about other options.

First, I always liked it collapsed rare berries. Like the crumbs from cookies or meat remaining on bones, they have some irresistible charm. And secondly, when the season is in full swing and cook do a lot of fruit, on the speed also start to care. So I moved on to a quick jam.

Berries and fruits

This method is best suited for strawberries, apricots and plums. Pretty well with peaches and nectarines. Depending on the volume of fruit, the process takes from 30 minutes to 1 hour. The result is a thick neodnorodnym very bright color and flavor of the original product. The necessary ingredients — only the fruit/berries and sugar.

Varieties best suited to medium-sized bright orange apricot with red barrels (they are quite sour and juicy, jam benefits from it). Plums — prunes (dark oblong plums with blue bloom similar to frost). Strawberry any good, even a little immature.

Sugar

Like many, I'm always trying to put weeniebobeenie sugar. But since I'm critical to it all year well kept without refrigeration, less than 70% by weight of fruit/berries to put not. If you have a large fridge or in a cellar, it is possible to lower the proportion to 50%, and up to 25%.

Dishes

Besides fruit and sugar, you will need utensils for cooking and storage tanks. The utensils for cooking the perfect size. The wider the pan the better. In this case, thanks to the thin layer and a large area of evaporation, the jam cooks faster and retains maximum color and flavor. If there is copper basin – great. If not — steel and aluminum pots is also quite suitable.

Store, in my opinion, it's best in glass jars with conventional screw caps, which are always full in economy. By simple home sterilization they become reliable capacity.

How to cook Wargnier

First you need to prepare the fruit. The strawberries, remove the stems, apricots and plums – remove pits and cut into halves or quarters. Slightly overripe barrels can not be cut, but if somewhere visible mold – to remove mandatory.

Prepared fruits need to weigh against them to measure out the sugar (at your discretion, 700 g – 1 kg for jam stored at room temperature, and 250 – 700 g for jam stored in the fridge).

In a saucepan with a diameter of 28-30 cm is better to cook not more than 3 kg of fruit at a time. And the pot is smaller, correspondingly smaller. If at once all the fruits are placed, it is better to divide them into two or three servings. Inacioarteproducoes cook for long time, from which it can pokharichauri to lose flavor and aroma.

Put fruit in a saucepan, pour a glass of water and put on fire. Start out on high, and when the water boils, turn down to low. Cover and cook about 10 minutes. The fruit needs to settle down and release a lot of juice. If you do not have time – cook for another 5-10 minutes.

Remove the lid and pour the sugar. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat. Now, stirring occasionally, jam to boil without a lid. Depending on the number of fruit/berries and layer thickness will take from 20 to 40 minutes. As cooking, the color will become deeper, and the syrup is transparent. Watch – a pleasure! Try that jam in the process and, if you want, add a little lemon juice.

To test the readiness, place a saucer for 15 minutes in the freezer. Pour a teaspoon of syrup of jam on a cold saucer, return it to 30 seconds in the freezer and get. If the syrup clutched in steady jelly and not flow when you tilt the saucer, so ready. Turn off the fire.

Sterilization

Prepare jars and lids. The volume of 1 kg of fruit cooked with 1 kg of sugar makes approximately 1.6 liters of jam. The size of the cans does not matter. Importantly, the cap was not damaged and savinellis tightly. Boil the kettle and scald with boiling water banks (first of all, the inside and outside around the thread). Fold the cover into a bowl and also pour boiling water. This procedure is austerity far from true sterilization, but for storage of homemade jam.

Storage

Razglyadyvaniya banks need hot. If it has time to cool down again bring it to a boil. Fill banks completely. Then, tightly replace the lid. In full jar almost misses the air. And because the jam is getting cold already in a closed jar, the lid as if vtyagivaetsya inside and get a very good lock, which is then opened with a distinctive click. To keep better in a dark and cool as possible.

And then, on chilly winter evenings, to get, to spread on buns and toast with butter, add to homemade pies, pour in the cereal, or tie cans with ribbon and give with a smile to good people.

Source: www.gastronom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting