Probably every woman once in my life at the doctor's faced unjustified treatment or unwillingness to explain medical terms. The candidate of medical Sciences, a practicing obstetrician-gynecologist Dmitry Lubnin debunked some of the myths about women's health.
Forty two million two hundred forty eight thousand five hundred twenty five
From time to time many of us are faced with the inattention doctors who do not want to explain medical terms and tell how and why did one or the other sore. All this creates uncertainty, fears and doubts. But women's health is an area that greatly concerns new moms.
A practicing obstetrician-gynecologist, member of the Russian Association of human reproduction Dmitry Lubnin is the author of over 75 scientific papers and 4 books on gynecology. In Idealiste "EKSMO" published his book "Frank talk with Russian gynecologist", where it is available language written about women's health that each of us, regardless of age, feel your body and understand where the normal physiological situation, where the deviation or disease.
Dmitry Lubnin told about the most common myths about women's health.
1. Hormonal contraceptives harmful to women's health. In fact, hormonal contraceptives not only not harmful, but in addition the most reliable method of protection from unwanted pregnancy ensure the prevention of the majority of gynecological diseases, including 4 types of cancer!
2. Need to take breaks between doses of contraceptives. To do so is not only unnecessary, but also harmful! Breaks in the oral contraceptives do not recover the reproductive system, but rather create a stressful situation for the whole body. In no civilized country in the world to do such a pause is not recommended.
3. The diagnosis of "tilted uterus" (the position deviation from the norm). There is no such diagnosis of "tilted uterus"! The angle of the uterus anteriorly or posteriorly is nothing more than a variant of normal and does not affect the possibility of pregnancy, and is not required for this specific POS, as some claim doctors.
4. The presence of the smallest bacteria Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma require treatment. The vast majority of cases, diagnosis and treatment of Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma are not needed! These microorganisms are normal can exist in the genital tract of men and women without causing any diseases, and if they are calling only under certain conditions.
5. Uterine fibroids a cause of infertility. In the vast majority of cases it is not. But uterine fibroids can affect childbearing. Not all fibroids necessarily need to remove before pregnancy. Pregnancy with such a diagnosis (in some cases) can occur without complications.