The secrets of baking of Georgian bread

Georgia is a country for gourmets. But don't look for frills in the form of alentine, sturgeon and truffles. This is the place for those who love simple but delicious food. Khinkali, chhabili, khachapuri, kubdari, mchadi, namcxvari... so many unpronounceable names. but beneath the surface, culinary shewry. I'm more and more convinced that for me the simpler the food the better. Not necessary sweet and sour sauces and special perversions. A piece of cheese cake and a kebab I was quite satisfied)) in Armenia I fell in love with simple food, while in Georgia this love is entrenched. I haven't had this amount of khachapuri! That's just where it can cook everything they sell in the stalls of the cities — a parody!

1. One morning after the climb the landlady of our guest house, Tamil, went on the street with a tray test.The guest-house is a storehouse of stories, even go anywhere do not need to shoot a little genre pictures)

2. Georgian bread is essentially cake — water, flour and salt. And the smell of smoke. Incredibly flavorful thing. It should have a hot, with a crispy crust. In fact one cake you can eat lunch, still remain)

3. Tamil prepared the dough right on the street next to the old stove. On the tray are blanks for several of the pellets, khachapuri and kubdari — flatbread chopped, the Georgians say "BIK" — veal)

4. The main tool of bread — oven. Something like a stove, but with a wide flat base. The wood burning side, but not across the plane is also unusual. First, the stove is slightly warm, put the dough on a hot surface. There is cake baked through a bit, then her shift inside. The system is strange, the bread, the location of the fire in the stove becomes more slightly roasted on one side.

5. Well you see for yourself. But still it is just incredibly delicious and airy... my Kingdom for a scone and a piece of pork now! Or a glass of Tsinandali...

6. Test for readiness. It was before Breakfast, and I, frankly, drooled from the aromas of fresh pastries. In the town it was impossible to walk — with all the Windows and doors echoed the smells, permanent hunger just eats from the inside)

7. But then came the khachapuri. hardly anyone knows what it is, but still I repeat — it is a tortilla with cheese inside. The cheese adds a different degree of saltiness, and the cakes deep fried in different ways, from crispy crust to fluffy dough. Tamila was doing a video of the technology she removed the piece of dough on top, making it similar to cheesecake. Said that the best cheese is baked through

8. But and ready khachapuri. Was also kubdari — pie with meat, but I do not remember, lay faint from hunger...

source:anton-petrus.livejournal.com

Source: /users/1077

Tags

See also

New and interesting