For a quarter of smartphone owners never call "voice"

A regular phone call after 5 years can leave in the past, according to the results of recent studies of Ericsson. In Japan and South Korea for 25% of smartphone owners never did the usual phone call. Instead, they use sms, email, social networking apps, video conferencing and so on.

In Europe people completely abandon voice communication is significantly less, but the reason is purely economic: mobile operators in Europe offer unlimited voice, but for the Internet you have to pay quite expensive (in Japan, it's Vice versa). However, the number of people in the scrap "to call", and simply write a PM on Facebook, and growing there.

It is also interesting that in Japan in the first place remains email, whereas in Europe it is almost all refused. It can be connected with the well-known conservatism of the Japanese. In Europe, Facebook has completely replaced email, many admitted that they do not check your e-mail for months. To write "soap" makes sense except in the company, but not individuals.

The journalist Thomas Ricker ready to be a frontman of a new direction in the development of civilization. Recently, he published a fiery column in which he stated that the call is actually rude, and that people should abandon calls to avoid wasting the time of the interlocutor. He writes that the phone was only one of the smartphone apps, and this app can and should be abandoned. The fact of the call can only be justified for extremely important messages — for example, you tell a friend that are getting married. "But it is appropriate to use the format of videoconference" — Riker scored the final nail in the coffin of telephony.

- Don't get me wrong: the conversation is still important. I would like to know about an important event in the life of a close friend through SMS. But if you want to tell me about your engagement, let us for completeness of feelings to hold a video conference. Can FaceTime, Hangouts, or Skype if you like. Or Line or WeChat if you are in Asia. Otherwise, send me a link to a map of where we will meet and I will gladly treat you to coffee while we behave as full-fledged people — he concluded.

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.nowwow.info/#!Use-chetverti-vladeltsev-smartfonov-nikogda-ne-zvonyat-golosom/cjds/559237de0cf2c7ea473a6f84

Tags

See also

New and interesting