Smart house or toy for men out of the sandbox

To start an article about the smart home you want with a definition from Wikipedia. But you know you can read. I want to say that the smart home system allows you to save money. But it is not so with our money. Well, then certainly come to the conclusion that a smart home is a comfort.

Here it is possible to stop. Yes, a smart home allows for comfort. If the wife at night several times to get up, to twist the heater relay in one direction and then the other, now in this sense no, because deviations from set temperatures are in the range of 0.03 S. Appeared in the city. Come to the cottage, the house is already heated, the boiler warmed the night, thermopot boil water and all sorts of other Goodies.

The outside temperature during the week jumps from-10C to +1C. In the house, depending on the type of heater, deviations of the temperatures are in the range from 0.03 s to 0.2 S.

But... If the system ceases to develop, it degrades and eventually dies. Next stage leads on to the development. If before, getting up in the morning, climbed into the computer (phone-tablet) checked, how was the night at the cottage, it is now largely sure and look on error messages and General graphics.

I want something new. In some ways it is a repetition of the old on a different level. You want to train the mind in logic to see how this will work in reality. The rules begin to contradict each other, the house starts to behave unpredictably. What really is the comfort.

That's the life of the problem. Drain pump pumping water from the country "lake". Drains so that water enough, and for technical needs. In this lake the water flows from the drainage, basking in the sun and used (after mechanical filtration) for irrigation and/or technical needs. In particular injected into the die for heating and irrigation of greenhouses.

After the recent heavy rains I decided to manually drain the water for receiving water from the next rain. Said smart home that 30 minutes turned off. After 3 hours of calling the son to the country, asking why so much water in the lake (he look at the camera). According to reports, the pump was run for 30 minutes and had to pump out 1000 gallons from the lake.

Then begins the interesting. It turned out that smart home lied to me. He "pretended" that poured the water for more than a month (scheduled). Ie according to the report, electricity consumed, and the water is in fact downloading. It turned out that the hose to remove the air, and the pump didn't spit out. As a result made a rule that disables the pump if it is enabled, but the consumption is less than 200W (is consumption for air tube hose). Usually consumption of more than 450W. On the charts I saw that the pump was included, but did not attach importance to low electricity consumption. Now smart home guards still have the problem.

This kind of problem it tracks great variety: excessive consumption of the heater (when the kids includes extra buttons), on the contrary, the absence of consumption (when they have it turned off), an open garden hose (children Bicycle pull it), the total electricity consumption in the home and many other emergency situations. When a large number of rules head understands why it is needed. And what about the computer if the sensors and controls in the amount under 100 pieces Data is collected several times
second with each sensor. Rules 70 pieces and they are monitored constantly.

All the time put new and new puzzles. Especially interesting logic puzzles. For example, it is necessary to turn on the drain pump after some time, after I included above on the gutter pump. Not on schedule, but in fact. That's when the problem is formulated correctly, and solve simple. Said to turn on if the previous on the ditch pump consumes less than 400 watts for 1 minute.

Winter is over, to maintain the temperature you need is not in the home and in greenhouses. The heating cable can be shifted out of the gutters in the greenhouse for more uniform heating at night at low temperatures. And smart home needs to be reprogrammed. To change the rules on accident prevention, on temperature. Interesting. You don't have to spend money on new sensors and smart sockets.

Preparing a basement for installation of the crop, put it to dry desiccants, which will feed at night when the humidity is high. Day airing of ordinary fans, if the humidity is low in the street.

The figure shows the graphs of the inclusions a dehumidifier and fan. The dryer turns on at night, the fan when the humidity is low outside.

Now, it gets interesting. Smart home can control and neighbouring houses. Because the temperature outside the same house in WiFi coverage. In the extreme case can and 5 km to traverse the network. By the way, nobody forbids to manage houses and flats in different geographically locations. Would only the Internet is there. Established VPN connection and all houses and apartments on the same network. Enough Central computer brain for so many elements of the smart home.

And if the brain for long enough for you and a media server to put in and watch your TV shows from home and at the cottage, even in the bus from where we left off last time.

And if the brain's still some left, you can put a CCTV camera system to watch the house remotely. Yes, not everyone can all it to collect in the country. Expensive, difficult. But it is interesting. For a few years is enough.

The conclusion is clear. Smart home is not just comfort, but also an interesting toy for men.

On my computer the server is installed virtual machines and 4 machines on it are injected. BackUp-s virtual machines are stored for 3 days, so if something bad happens, you can restore from the archives.

All that I have sold, so if interested, I can continue this interesting masculine theme. published by P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: geektimes.ru/post/259250/

Tags

See also

New and interesting