About the boys and the stereotypes

I am the mother of a boy.I'm growing a wonderful kind sensitive son.And like any three year old boy, he cries when he's hurt or very sad, he is afraid, scared, he's shy and not in a hurry to contact with unfamiliar people.

But why do I so often hear from strangers and sometimes from relatives, urgent and pointless comments thrown my child — "boys don't cry," "boys are not afraid of anything", "the boys should not hesitate", "boys must be strong and courageous"?...

No, I answer, to stop and comment, rudely, sometimes kindly and wordy, just difficult.

But what is wrong with our society that three year old boys have no right to cry, be scared and embarrassed, not being found guilty and ashamed? Who do we want to raise? Men who don't cry and die from a heart attack? Young men who are not afraid of anything and is meaningless to die, proving their courage and bravery? Teens who have nothing and no one embarrassed?

When suddenly men no longer have the right to live the pain, to feel sadness, to feel embarrassed, to experience fear? And most importantly — when is the right lost three-year-old boys?...

Why the sensitivity, vulnerability, sensitivity, fragility — all that distinguishes the living present person is not made to educate in a grown man?

I have some questions, because I really don't understand. We raise fearless little boys that don't cry and don't hesitate, and do complain about heartless and insensitive husbands. We suffer from violence and cruelty of men while they themselves continue to insist that men don't cry...

People, get off boys! Let them be children, to be in touch with their feelings and themselves. Let them grow sensitive, vulnerable and sensitive men. And you wonder how to best change the world.

Author: Maria Nikonova

Source: alpha-parenting.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting