About this marriage and the cherry on the cake

Marriage is becoming more and more for me is not about romance, but about sharing the passage through the realities of life, gross and subtle, different.

That is, glossy photos together, love notes, and Oh, how beautifully he can Express his thoughts and, damn, morning sex on the kitchen table was is good, why not. The cherry on the cake of marriage. So much I have them gobbled up in 11 years turbulent personal life with men... Thought they are the main indicator that everything will be fine.

Although, maybe sooner than these cherries nothing else, we ate them and dispersed, and can not have so many existential themes that is necessary to keep in the spotlight, but sometimes even openly carry... In 20 years or even 25 somehow easier to read, you're still protected so many, so many did not face.

Not that the desire has lost power, and sex on the table ceased to interest me, but the further in life I go (and the longer I practice Buddhism), the more important is what we actually, under the cherry. Looking at pictures of the newlyweds, listening to stories about the fateful romantic encounters, living interaction with her husband and reassessing their old intimacy, I think: okay, there are a lot of beautiful pictures that fit the superficial notions of love. And if you knock over the gold?

If I am a person who can hear my partner about his work and mental state each morning, weekends, middle of the night, or when he will need to share important?

If he is a man who will hold my hand in the day care of my parents?

If I am a person who is careful enough and respectful to the dreams and fears of my partner?

If we can find the right words and hugs to each other, if our house will need? If we lose a child? If some of us need to be alone?

Will we hold each other gaze on the narrow mountain path, or everyone will think only about the weight of his own backpack?

It's all those little things, they happen all the time. Of course, the answers to many of these questions it is impossible to know in advance, but, on the other hand, personality traits and typical behavior of a fairly prominent even in everyday life and sometimes don't need any special circumstances to see what the man next.

Summing up. Nice to fool around together, to be lovers, wanting each other always and everywhere. But contrary to the typical ideas about the key to a long happy relationship, is often a story just about the pheromones and have the same sense of humor. And every day to be their partner, friend, shoulder to cry, a mother, a father, a pet psychologist, a spiritual companion, a nurse... a little more complicated.

PS.: looking at the project Riddly Scott's "Life in a day" — posted on YouTube videos of hundreds of people on their usual whirlwind of chores, conversations... There was one family where the woman struggled with cancer and at the time of the shooting recovering after surgery. The camera records their short dialogue with a husband who takes care of her.

— What are you afraid of?

You know, I was afraid you'd get sick. And you're sick. I was afraid you'll get sick again. And you were sick again. What I'm afraid of? Probably nothing more. Now I'm fearless...

published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: /users/9001

Tags

See also

New and interesting