The jam and the sweetness of quince with ginger

The quince jam with ginger

Incredibly delicious, fragrant and useful!

This jam will be a real boon in the cold of winter and for prevention of colds.

• 2 cups cleaned and sliced quince
  • 2 cups sugar ( can reduce to half)
  • 1 Cup water
  • 2 tbsp. grated ginger root
The pieces of quince fall asleep with the sugar, add water and put on fire.

Stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and cook until soft quince.
When the quince becomes soft, wipe it through a sieve.
RUB on a small grater ginger.
Add it to the quince and cook until the consistency of jam. The smell in the kitchen is mind-blowing.
Put in clean jars. Stored in a dark, cool place.

The sweetness of quince with gingerI love the quince for its magical flavor. Often add it to meat dishes, sauces or just put a slice in the tea. When I cook something with quince, the whole house is filled with unique and wonderful smell that invigorates and elevates mood. And now enjoy incomparable taste and aroma of yesterday cooked pastes ( or, if You prefer, marmalade).
Cooking is very simple, and the process is almost magical — very interesting to see how changing the color of quince from light yellow at first to pink, then ruby and beautifully brown. Magic!

I had:
  • 600 g of broccoli ( cleaned and chopped)
  • 450 g sugar
  • 1 lemon
  • a little grated ginger
Lemon can be replaced with orange, instead of ginger you can add other spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon or cloves.
Importantly, do not forget to remove them before unfolding to form if these spices are not milled.

Preparation:wash the Quinces well, with brush, clean, cut cubes, add the lemon, cut into quarters.

Add to the pot, cover with water and boil until soft.
Reading that the largest number generousi substances, in the bones, I put them in a gauze bag and is also lowered into the water with the quinces.

Boil until soft quince. Drain the water, lemon clean.

Add sugar and cook, stirring constantly( preferably with a wooden spoon) until thick, until the quince will become a beautiful brown color. It will take 1-1. 5 hours. The mass should be very thick and leave a mark on the bottom when holding a spoon.

It is important not to hurry and wait till she really becomes brownish, if you want to get a firm consistency. If You want to spread marmalade on a scone, you can remove from heat before.

Remove from heat and RUB through a sieve, it is better not metal, or blend, although if you use the blender weight lose transparency. I have quince so seethe that purerave did not have weight when cooking became homogeneous.

Add the grated ginger, I took 1 tablespoon, but the amount of ginger You can change to your taste, but you can live without it.

Cook for another 10-15 minutes.

The hot mass is spread in a rectangular shape, cool.
Smooth mass with a wet hand or spoon. Don't worry if it's not perfectly smooth, because the bottom surface will be flat and smooth.

It would be good to give mass to stand for a day or two, well at least overnight in the refrigerator.
Better to cut with a knife dipped in hot water. When the mass is well cool and stand at least overnight in a cool place, she is very good at getting out of shape, just pry with a knife — and she's an excellent exfoliate.

Store in a parchment paper, of course, that store.
Most of all I love the combination of quince pastes with cheese, with any, even with plain curd. Today it was my Breakfast — yummy. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting