Exactly two years ago I decided to try to take away the meat, including poultry, from the diet. Led me to this idea of books of different athletes who in paints told about how it has changed their lives and improved the results after the rejection of meat.
First and foremost is the book "Finding Ultra" by rich Roll (Rich Roll) and "Eat and Run" Scott Jurica (Scott Jurek). But unlike these comrades, I did not become vegan because it is very difficult in our latitudes, especially in winter. Yes, vegetarian and 100% did not, because fish and seafood occasionally eat. I would not say that without meat, my life changed dramatically, but several positive changes have occurred.
Just a small disclaimer. I am not a fighter for animal rights, not to pour paint on those wearing fur coats, and not running in horror from the table if someone orders a steak.
I do not want to impose their way of life because everyone is different and what is perfect to one, may never fit into the life of another.
In 2013, I on his head was into running, ran my first marathon, I read a lot about running and healthy eating and tried to impose all this on your life. In addition, at the end of the year I was in USA, I ate the steak "new York" in new York and realized that the topic of meat for me can be closed. The first plus the second led to the fact that before the New year I decided the first six months of 2014, not to eat meat and see what happens, to hold on yourself a kind of experiment, the results of which I will share with you.What happened to me:
1. The most important change I noticed after a couple of months — a reduction of fatigue during the day. If earlier in the evening I was so tired, even if we spent an entire day at the table, now for that I need a decent "kill" yourself in training.
2. Sleep was much better. Before giving up meat even after eight hours of sleep to Wake up was difficult, but now quite enough for seven. But I still try to sleep at least eight, because good sleep is important for recovery after workouts.
3. Improved digestion and overall health. I used to have from time to time had bowel problems, was heaviness in the stomach. Now we have nothing, because there is no meat, which in itself is quite heavy to digest. Besides store-bought meat, including poultry, are usually not of the best quality.
4. Also during this time, significantly improved my athletic performance. I ran a marathon and two ultra-marathon, but it cannot be directly linked with diet, as all this time I trained and do not know what would be the results if I have not changed anything in the diet. But to exclude the fact that the diet has a positive impact on the sport, not worth it.
What to replace the meat, which, as you know, is a source of protein needed by the body are particularly vulnerable to sports activity? Special problems I have there has not arisen, because I'm not a vegan, refused eggs, fish, dairy products in which there is a sufficient amount of animal protein. I also "catch up" vegetable proteins from legumes, especially lentils, nuts, mushrooms.
The first time I wrote down all meals in the MyFitnessPal program, but then, when convinced that with a balance of carbohydrates, fats and proteins I have all OK, I dogged it.Tips for those who want to give up meat:
1. Avoid drastic changes. Before the complete rejection of the meat I've been eating not very much, so for me it was not a problem. If you eat meat products, and poultry every day, then give up gradually, reducing their quantity in the diet, but not immediately. And anyway, if you're a fan of meat, then think, why should you give up what you love so much.
2. At first, record what and how much to eat. This can be done, for example, MyFitnesPal, or other similar application that will calculate the amount of consumed proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and their proportion. You can't replace meat rolls and pies, the body needs protein.
3. Be aware of your feelings. If you feel deterioration of General health, or you notice other adverse changes, immediately stop the experiment and return to a normal diet.
4. From time to time for tests to see if everything was normal.
5. Do not expect quick changes and don't make conclusions after a few days or even weeks. Changes in the body happen overnight, so be patient.
6. Get ready for the questions of others with or without reason.
Successful experiments get over yourself! published
Author Denis Tkalich
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki