Wise men in Vedic civilization knew these rules and followed them.
1. Never eat without hunger. This means if a rule is not adhered to, the food is not digested, but undigested food is a poison to the body.
2. Never have with fatigue, anger, irritation, fear. Under any emotional disturbance of Agni and circulation of Prana in the stomach and intestines, so the food turns into poison.
3. Before eating, rinse the mouth, eyes, wash the feet with cold water, and even better to take ghusl.
4. To eat need face to the East, but not North, because if we eat facing North, West, then the energy is taken from us, and decreases Ojas in the body.
5. Food should be cooked with love. Food to prepare for God, and after offering it to God you can have for yourself. Therefore, food should always cook in a good mood with a pleasant attitude, then the food will be easily digested. If the food is prepared by you in a bad mood, in a state of irritation, anger, anxiety and depression, such foods should not be offered to God, because it is prepared without love to him, such food will not bring you any good. The mindset with which the food was cooked, will make it the same quality, and therefore, such food is considered impure and poisonous.
6. Food must be taken when right nostril is working, so she tells us Ayurveda. If the meal is not working right nostril, it is necessary to breathe through the right nostril, closing the left in this case. At work left nostril the digestive fire is weakened, so food will be poorly digested. In order to make the right nostril, you can lie on your left side.
7. Before eating it is necessary to pray always, because eating is a sacred process. And so when we read the prayer, we are psychologically adjusted.
8. Food offered to God is "Prasad". You need to put yourself on the plate as much as you can eat. Prasad, not out, so you need to eat everything that is on your plate. If there are animals, the rest of the Prasad, you can give them. It is impossible to shift the prasadam from the plate on the plate so that the family members had finished for someone leftover food. You must use a metal utensil, it is considered clean and does not transmit karma. Each family member should have their own utensils. This rule should be performed routinely, not just when someone of a family member is sick.
9. Before you eat, you must feed others. Before, in ancient Vedic times, it was the custom for married people: when was the prasadam, the owners overlooked the street and offered food to the hungry.
10. To improve digestion it is recommended before meals to chew ginger with a slice of lemon and a pinch of salt, it will give a signal to the stomach to make the digestive gland.
11. No talking while eating. Empty talk spray energy and reduce air circulation.
12. The teeth are given to us not for decoration, but for a thorough chewing of food, so food should be thoroughly chewed and not swallowed quickly. Food should be taken calmly. If you are in a hurry, it is better for you if you miss a meal than you eat.
13. Food should affect all 5 senses, it should please the eye, should entertain our heart should be beautiful to look at and exude a pleasant aroma.
14. Never eat food that exudes an unpleasant odor, or food that is cooked more than 3.5 hours ago. If the food was offered to God, it can store more than 3.5 hours.
15. After eating rinse the mouth, wash the feet with cold water, rinse eyes with cold water.
16. Immediately after eating can't sleep. You can sleep after meals in an hour and a half. In General, Ayurveda recommends to sleep during the day because it leads to the weakening of all processes occurring in the body, and sleep is not conducive to digestion, because it slows the flow of Prana in the body. Sleep small 15-20 minutes is recommended only for Vata Constitution, because it is the most disturbing nature. Also, if you are tired, before meals 15-20 minutes to rest, lie need on the left side of the body, it will strengthen the digestive fire and open the right nostril.
17. Do not eat sour fruits at night and do not drink dairy products.
18. Never eat before sunrise and after sunset, especially at dusk.
19. Not snacking between meals and eat standing up.
20. You can't drink water after eating and before eating. If you want to lose weight, drink water before meals if you want to save weight, then drink water during meals. But don't get carried away with this method, because it weakens digestion. If the Constitution Pete very hungry, then she needs to drink before eating a few mouthfuls of water in order to reduce appetite.
21. If you need to empty the bowel, it is possible should be done not earlier than 3 hours after a meal.
22. You should never eat until then, until he freed the intestine.published
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©
Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki