My son loved carrots and I have no fear of broccoli

I guess I could make this room at the circus: a drumbeat carried a plate with food, put on the table in front of my son, so he first pulled out your favorite broccoli florets. "You are so lucky with the baby!" – I have heard quite insulting remarks. Well, Yes, of course, if the child is lying on the floor in the store – "are you badly brought up!", but if he loves broccoli, "It's just luck". Everything in the birth of a daughter.

Now the green vegetables recklessly drawn from two pairs of hands. Soinstead of a Council that is more bad luck a rabbit's foot or four leaf clover, I have been increasingly asking about how to get children to eat vegetables.

The most important thing is to make anyone not necessary. But to instill proper eating habits is one of the most expensive and useful gifts that you can make to your child. It is in your power to make it so that he used to bite apples, not cookies, drink unsweetened drinks and felt the sweetness and creamy texture of whole-grain oatmeal, cooked in water without salt and sugar.

It is best to act at the stage of introduction of complementary foods, or at least in the first three years of life – when laid the basic concepts of nutrition. But even if the time is missed, it is not necessary to lower hands. As a person who could love "that disgusting celery" in 25 years, I say confidently: it's never too late to start.

So, your child turned six months, your pediatrician has given the go-ahead for the introduction of complementary foods, and you already know what a manufacturer of baby food better and with some better cans to start. My advice – start with one jar of broccoli. Buy it in the store and leave it on the kitchen table. In the morning, on an empty stomach, when all of the taste buds of the maximum sharpened, like a child, open a jar, scoop out a spoonful and send in your mouth. Depending on the manufacturer, you find either tasteless muck with a rancid taste, or a bitter mash-up with musty notes. On the way to the bin not in a hurry to curse the manufacturer. It's not about her, and in the properties of any vegetable puree long storage.

Take, according to the season, a couple of buds fresh or frozen (frozen in an industrial environment, i.e. in three seconds, which allows to preserve all vitamins), broccoli. And prepare for a couple. If you have a steamer, would be a reason to wipe the dust from it. If not, it will easily replace a colander or sieve over a saucepan with boiling water. Broccoli should be soft enough, but remain bright green in color. This means that she will have a fresh, sweet summer taste, and is common to all varieties of cabbage "smell" will not appear. If you see that the vegetable has become a khaki, you digested, pleasant taste destroyed, and a considerable part of its beneficial properties. Properly cooked broccoli cool and under your supervision, give a hand to the child. He let her sniffing, sucking, chewing, attempting to crush with your hands. If there would settle you with a plate of the same vegetables, cooked yourself, even better. After a couple of days, along with a whole inflorescence start offering broccoli in a freshly made sauce: a few slices of a good mash with a fork or run in the Cup of the immersion blender. On the first day a couple of teaspoons or how much to eat, the second four, the third eight, and then you can focus on the child's appetite.

Thus it is possible to acquaint the child with all is allowed in the first year of life vegetables. It is important to remember that children cannot give vegetables "slices", as they can choke on, and then the piece will block the airway. Carrots, pumpkin, parsnip, like all other vegetables, for the first meeting or later, to stews, you should exclusively cut into strips or bars.

Interest in vegetables also awakens the involvement of the child in the process of cooking dinner. At all stages – from going to the store with a detailed story of how grow cabbage and how to choose the right, to the joint wash under the tap and other simple culinary operations.
Also don't forget about the little trick of giving salads and vegetables in any form in the beginning of the meal when children are very hungry. Then all the same broccoli are less likely to be buried and forgotten under a layer of mashed potatoes.
If your child is older, but the love of vegetables has not come, you can still influence the situation, the day-to-day showing by example how it's good to eat right. Only it must be absolutely sincere aspiration. And do not expect miracles, if you prefer fried potatoes.published

Author: Frida Moreva

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: danielboutiqueblog.com/2015/02/05/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D1%81%D1%8B%D0%BD-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BB-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8C-%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB/

Tags

See also

New and interesting