Charlie Chaplin's speech on the 70th anniversary of its own.

When I began to love myself I found that anguish and suffering - only warning signs that I was living against my own nature. Today I know that this is Honesty.

When I began to love myself I understood how much it can hurt a man, forcing him to execute my desires, knowing that it is not the time for this, and people not ready, even if that person - me. Today I call it Yours.

When I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and could see that everything that surrounds me, inviting me to grow. Today I call it maturity.

When I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the right time. I can always be calm. Now I call it confidently.

When I began to love myself I quit wasting your time and stop dreaming about the future of grand projects. Today I do what gives me joy that I love to do, what pleases my heart, and I do it at their own pace. Today I call it Simplicity.

When I began to love myself I freed myself from all that good for my health - food, people, things, situations. Anything that knocks me out of the way. Today I call it love for yourself.

When I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I rarely wrong. Today I realized that it was modesty.

When I began to love myself I stopped living in the past and worry about the future. Today I live for today, where everything happens. I call this satisfaction.

When I began to love myself I understood that my mind can disturb me and even make me sick. But when I connected it to my heart, it immediately became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection Wisdom of the Heart.

We no longer need to fear arguments, collisions or some problems with self and others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know that this is life.

Tags

See also

New and interesting