How to wake Charlie

Child finger pressed the call button on the phone and making sure that went to call someone "Mama", put the receiver to his ear. Again, many times already today, from the speaker could hear the monotonous long beeps, after which he began to speak cold mechanical voice. The boy pulled the lights out and looked at the little brown spaniel lying beside him on the floor.
 - Do not worry, Charlie! - Affectionately said baby, sitting down next to the dog and stroked her head. - Mom necessarily call back, and then think of something. Mom, we know how clever.
Spaniel looked at the boy with sad eyes, slowly raised his head, helplessly and dropped it on its feet. A child stroking it, saw it, he wiped his hands soft eyes and again began to gain my mother.

The fact that Charlie is something wrong, a first grader Simon drew attention when making lessons, going to play with your pet. Spaniel - little brown bundle of energy - on ordinary days only this and waiting today behaved oddly. He slowly walked around the apartment, often lying down on the floor to rest, turning away from the bowls of food and water, with the help of the boy who stood close to his nose, and his eyes splashed sadness. Worried Simon began to call their parents, but my father was very busy at work, and my mother for some reason did not pick up.
[next]
Then the phone screen lit up the name of "Mother," and he began to sing something cheerful. Sema evil, trying to break the fast music, so inappropriate now, hit the reply button.
 - What happened, my gold? - There was a tube of alarmed female voice.
 - Mama! - Simon whimpered. - Mom, Charlie and bad ... He does not eat, does not run, and everything is just ...
From the boy's eyes rolled long-pent-up tears of impotence. Large drops, leaving a damp track on the cheeks, they tear down and disappeared into the thick brown hair of the dog. Charlie heard a voice raised his head again and now, blinking, looking at the boy.
 - Sёmochka, dear, calm down, please! - Calm the woman said. - Wait for me a little, I will come and everything will be fine. Agreed?
 - Really? .. - Sobbing, with the hope the boy whispered. - Mom, come soon ...

And Simon sat on the floor, put his head spaniel on his lap and waited for my mother. Charlie hoarse breathing and did not move, only occasionally opened his eyes, he looked apologetically at the little man he upset. And then something happened. Something very bad from what Sёme was not myself, and pulled away from the eyes of a new piece of uncontrollable tears. Charlie sighed, licked the boy's hand dry rough tongue, frantically pulled stump of a tail and died. The boy sat still and said the dog something reassuringly, looking her in the head and fingering long hair on the ears. So they found the mother and ran into the apartment.

- Mama! - The boy's eyes shone with hope. - Charlie for a long time did not even moving! Mom, because you help him?
 - Of course, the gold! - A woman answered, raising his body cold dog in his arms. - Charlie just very tired and now he is fast asleep. Let's get him on the mat and will not disturb him. And tomorrow he will wake up, and you'll play together again.
 - True? - With disbelief I asked the kid.
 - Well, of course, is true! - Mom said, and neatly stacked dog on her place, patted his son on the head. - Have I you ever cheated? ..

That evening, the boy and was sad. He was constantly looking at the sleeping Charlie supper without appetite, he refused to go for a walk and went to bed very early, hoping to quickly meet with her boyfriend in the morning. A mother waited until the son falls asleep, put the body of the dog in a cardboard box and left the apartment.

On the door there was not only a videophone, but even the normal phone call, so she simply pounded his fist into it. Early on in the house, nothing happened, and then came the barely audible shuffling, then he snapped the lock and a gruff voice said: "Enough already drumming like fire! Now open! "Opened the door showed to says the high old man, dressed in a dark dressing gown and slippers, thin and angular, as if dried lived for years. Thick gray hair, despite the rather late in the evening, was neatly combed and opened a high forehead, and his eyes were annoyed glances at the unexpected guest.

- Excuse me, please! - Quickly woman began to speak. - I understand that it's late, but I was told that you can help. Do not worry, the money is not a problem, pay as you say. Charlie, he fell asleep, and his son spent the whole day there and cried. I promise that tomorrow will be a new dog is healthy and son hopes ...
 - OK OK. - Interrupted the old man, raising his hand. - Come into the house and explain the normal why Charlie was asleep and that he hoped crying son.

The owner of the house aside, letting the visitor with a cardboard box in his hands inside, and a woman is interested spun his head, looking around. The hallway was clean, old-fashioned furniture, which was neatly hung clothes host. But in the room, a piece of which was visible from the place where she was standing, shaped prevailed mess. All horizontal surfaces were thick paper books, the majority was open somewhere in the middle, and so left. Here and there could be seen the cup and some papers. Invisible TV announcer voice droned news program.
 - Not removed from me, excuse me, I did not wait for guests! - The owner let it slip. - Come to the kitchen.

While the woman hovered uncertainly in a small kitchen, not knowing what to do, man developed a storm of activity. He pushed a little kitchen table, he quickly cleaned off, rearranging everything that stood on it, on the windowsill, then picked up a shell cloth and casually brushed the crumbs on the floor. Then he turned to his guest:
 - Well you stand? Let's have already shown that you have there. - And, impatiently snatching the box, looked inside. - Oh, spanielka.
 - This is Charlie, my son is very fond of him ... loved - the woman spoke again quickly. - See you very much praise, maybe get something done. I'll pay as necessary, and then my son, Sёmochka, he was very upset.

And the owner of the house seemed even listening to guest, turned the box on the table, and fell out of her brown canine body. Spaniel head in the fall muffled banged on the plastic tabletop. The woman flinched, and the old man, not paying attention to her, bent over the dog:
 - Well! Let's see. By the way, what's your call?
 - Natalya me. Natalia ... - hesitantly said the woman.
 - Well, Natalia. You do not pay attention, I'm here Burcu an old man, the age, you know, he obliges. - Fun and looked at the woman, intelligent eyes. - And with the dog, I think, nothing terrible happened. In eybikov tremendous safety factor.

Perched on his nose glasses, the landlord took out one of the boxes set of strange-looking instruments and armed with a small ultrasound generator. Three sharpened movements, held over the back of the dog lying in front of him, his instrument, and without apparent effort, stocking pulled from the back of a piece of skin, which opened under the dirty gray matte plastic protective skeleton. Armed with a screwdriver, the master took a sly plate covering the inwards, and before the eyes of a woman appeared chaotic, in her opinion, a hodgepodge of colored wires, mysterious blocks, mechanisms and translucent tubes, fleeing all over the dog's body. And the old man took out in front of him a handful of equipment, a strange-looking device, consisting of a large screen and off of it harness, stuck connector somewhere inside the dog and quickly squashing fingers on the monitor started something surely do.

- So, Natalie, I do a self-test on your dog put to all the trouble to look - up from the device master said - but the main I can say right now. There's a spin-cell catalyst is tightly packed with some organic matter, that dog and did not receive power. And spanielek the battery is weak, on avtonomke long stretches, is there not a guard dog, which is one of its batteries three days quietly lives. It sounds like your son instead energokontsentrata, fed her something out of human food.
 - Well, Charlie because, when we are sitting at the table, always begging for food. And his eyes were such that even my hand sometimes reaches something to give him. - To blame the woman said. - Here Sema, probably, and could not resist. And this is serious?
 - Well no. - The old man shrugged. - You're not the first, not the last you ... And the fact that begging, there's nothing you can do about it, all the real basic instincts protection program. Full compliance with the living dog. Reflash, by the way, I do not recommend, can and does deny the brain, there is complex logic connections to here and so they climb easily. Want some advice? Put on the table a plate with beads energokontsentrata and is there a desire to have a son of your dog with the hands to feed, let the pellets and she gives. My grandson Abe poodle, too, he was still a beggar. Too much catalyst killed while doing so did not. And now good - and the child is happy and healthy dog.

Lying on the table scanner beeped quietly, and the owner of the house immersed in the study of the analysis.
 - Yeah, exactly. - Satisfied the master said. - Catalyst, well, the little things and I found something: a photoreceptor and sat in the back of the leg servo errors works. In general, the catalyst I will now change, as with the rest of you are already in service.
 - Okay. - According to the woman nodded. - Tomorrow morning, Charlie will work?
 - Will be. Today it is. Your Semen and will not notice anything. Sit down until somewhere and not be distracted.

Natalia gently sat down on a chair away from the operating owner of the house, and watching him, smiling happily imagine how overjoyed tomorrow Sema, awakened by the cheerful and cheerful Charlie.

© Victor

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting