10 best ways to ask the right questions to solve problems

Sometimes success lies not in what answers we find to these questions, but what questions we ask. Almost all creative session in which I participated for the most part consisted of well-chosen and structured questions. Not for nothing, we have a list of questions called "Key". The beauty was that everyone answered them in his own and gave a unique result. When going to a large group of people, then their answers with high probability, not only solved the problem but also proposed many solutions to choose even in cases where it seemed that there is no solution at all.

The use of interrogative sentences is that our brain is designed so that can not think. He always busy with his work, and is always in search of the answers. Any question forces him to find the answer. In this article I offer a list of 10 ways that will certainly help you ask the right questions in any situation.

1. Questions about the problem itself.

The surest way to the solution of problems is to ask questions about the problem itself. The beauty is that the brain itself will generate the answers, you just need to try to ask the most diverse questions. Moreover, after a series of questions, even if you do not find the right answer, then do not worry. Your brain continues to work on finding a solution already in the background!

2. The questions in different words.

From packing much depends. Which question you decide the answer you get. Play with the wording of your problem, as it can be formulated differently? Surely the problem can be solved in several ways, as will sound to a satisfactory solution of the problem? Check whether the very wording of the question?

3. The questions in time.

Focus on a time frame. If the question is specifically, extend it if too wide — narrow. For example: "How can I improve my life?" or "How this month I can improve my life" or "What I can do to improve your life?"

4. Issues in other areas.

The search for solutions cannot be in the same direction. It may be a change of direction. From the geographical: "where else can we find the thing we need?" to the mental :"Now let's forget about the flaws, what do you see as the advantages?".

5. Questions to improve education.

Every teacher knows that the most effective student that wants to learn. In this case, questions are a wonderful way to stimulate creative thinking and work much better than just giving the correct answer.

Instead of just explaining better just ask the question :"what do you think would be in this case if we changed our actions...", "What result do we get if not to take into account the cost of the initial stage.."

The same type of issues works great not only in the Institute or school, but in a business environment. Habit that the slave question "And what then?" to answer the question "how do you think we should do?" — saves not only time, but also teaches the employee to independent thinking.

6. Questions to maintain a conversation.

Questions well facilitate communication between people. If you ask questions, then you are almost certainly listening to what you say. A good question can not only revive the conversation, but also to involve new members into it.

Lately, all the dialogues often become monologues in turn. Instead of listening to each other, each side and then waiting for your turn to talk. Simple questions "how can I help?", and "You have encountered something like this before?" — a great way to show that you are listening to the interlocutor and themselves participate in the conversation.

7. Questions for critical thinking.

Often we are talking about completely different things. It's a shame to spend a lot of time and find out what the other person meant something quite different from what we thought, and we he don't understand. To avoid this need to not be afraid to ask simple questions, which, moreover, may seem naive.

As an efficient initial questions, you can use the "Technique of Kipling's": "Who did this?", "Why they did", "do I understand you correctly, you're saying that..."

8. Issues to move attention.

To change point of view — easier said than done. If we believe in the absolute, it is very difficult to put the absolute into question. Try to transfer your attention from the obvious things. If someone says "It's impossible", better ask "How can we make this happen?" or "Under what conditions will it work?", etc.

9. Questions for self-examination.

This can be a powerful tool to search for answers about the meaning of his own life. Great start can serve as a technique of "100 questions" consisting only of the issues that are important to you at the moment. Then can this list to narrow down to 20 most important, and periodically return to them.

10. Questioning as a way of life.

The development of the habit to ask yourself questions can be very useful. I believe that questions are the most basic way to grow and stimulate our brain activity. But how to enter into the habit, the skill is to ask yourself many questions? Like everything in life — with practice. Carry a notebook and pen or record incoming questions on the phone.

Learn to feel comfortable with unresolved issues and learn to solve them. Play with them and the quality of your life will surely improve.published

Author: Dmitry Chernov

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.4ernov.ru/2013/02/10.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting