Leonid Boguslavsky: you Can still start from scratch

May 21 lecture by Leonid Boguslavsky, founder of the holding company ru-Net. The company is known as a major investor in IT (in 2000 – invested in Yandex and Ozon). Since 2011, the "daughter" ru-Net, RTP.vc reached the international level.

The lecture Leonid Boguslavsky talked about school Olympiads in biology and scientific past, about setting life goals and priorities. And, of course, the triathlon – which I became interested at the age of 62 years.

Here are the most interesting moments of the performance.

About life

1. I never played sports. As a child I did not go in any section, he couldn't swim, and suddenly at the age of 62 years became interested in triathlon. I like triathlon because it has two main slogan, or rules that must accompany you, whatever you did. First – I'm here to win. And second, nothing is impossible.

2. In my life, I go from target to target and I became interested when I in some sort of activity cannot create for itself an adequate goal.

3. In seventh grade, I became fascinated with biology. I needed a goal – and I realized that the top of the school of biology is the Olympics of Moscow state University in biology. And in seventh grade I decided to participate in it. There are two rounds. First round – written, it is easy enough, I made it through. In the second round have to go to departments where the teachers ask you, analyze your knowledge and give marks. Then these estimates are summed. In order to prepare for the second round, I lied to my parents that I go to school for extended day]. At school I invented the sick, and brought help. And he went every day to the library, a week before the second round, and studied the reference books. In the end, in seventh grade, received the first prize of Moscow state University. I won the Olympics.

3. My first life a scientist. The second entrepreneur.

4. I realized that if doing science, then you need to become a scientist, which is recognized in the world. So I began to send my work in American scientific journals. It was very difficult because we were not wanted. Recensioni was not affordable – even discreditation. Nevertheless, I managed to get, and the results of a number of works related to computer systems, has been published in leading scientific journals.

4. If there are any failures – and even if for me wrong – I think it's my fault. I never blame other people. This is an important feature, it allows me to strive for perfection.

Leonid Boguslavsky

About time and energy

1. [Almost] every one of us has enormous reserves of time. When I started triathlon, I realized that I needed to find an extra 2 hours a day. I found them very quickly. I stopped reading and watching the junk media. All I do is climb twice a day in Yandex.News and see what is happening there. In addition, I did not write, although I wrote "Vedomosti" and "Kommersant". Of course, I don't watch TV. Second: around you there are people – eaters of the time, and they must correctly identify.

2. I think I'm an energetic person genetically. [Even] successes in triathlon – the doctors tell me that this is genetically programmed.

3. You find a partner or group of partners with whom you spend time. It can be your children or friends. In my case it so happened that a very large part of my friends are significantly younger than me. It is people in the age of 35-45 years. But I am 65 and I have to match.

Error

1. I errors quite easily include: I I analyse them, but try to they don't "devoured". Moreover, as I said, if there is something untoward – that was my fault...

2. Mistakes I mainly (probably like many), related to incorrect estimation of the people. It is important to understand people. I can't say I'm a bad judge of character. I can't say I'm good at reading people. I know "somewhere in between".

About business

1. I do not invest in shares of public companies. Three companies that I invested in the early stage, became public. After that I gradually sold the shares. To monitor the movement of stocks is an entirely different activity, not what I do.

2. There are people with business warehouse, there are people with amazing management of stock, and often it's not the same thing.

3. I always thought that I can start from scratch. Regardless of age, I was not afraid of losing everything because I had the psychological confidence that I can start from scratch and be successful.

4. We have identified three investment areas. It technologies in medicine, FINTECH and Internet of things (for ourselves, we've narrowed it down to the industrial Internet of things).

5. As a result of the success of "Yandex" I was able to realize his goal is to do international business. We have offices in Moscow, Riga, new York. We have a large investment portfolio. I constantly travel to different countries. It was also a "challenge", which was successful.

See also:

Dean Karnazes: the man who can move forever

Boris Bulychev: Human logic to logic is irrelevant

6. Almost every strong books can learn something for professional growth. I would recommend the book by Chris McCormack "I'm here to win." And read it as it to me at the time, gave: "You read it as a book about any human activity". The book is very strong. It's about goal setting, about will, about the psychology of. I recommend it to all.

7. There are only 3 things that are important to become a successful entrepreneur. It will, it will, and again will.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: rusbase.com/list/boguslavsky/

Tags

See also

New and interesting