Why Leonid Agutin and Angelica Varum sleep in separate beds

Leonid Agutin, who began his musical path in the late 80s, and today remains a sought-after artist. And the personal life of Agutin is of interest to hundreds of thousands of people. Needless to say, even on his Instagram page signed almost 2 million people.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Leonid Agutin (@agutinleonid)

Recently, 52-year-old Leonid Agutin gave a large interview to journalist Irina Shikhman in the program “And to talk?”. Here the musician told about many interesting things, about the attitude to life, about the past, about plans for the future, as well as about the marriage with Angelica Varum. And today's edition. "Site" Offers some interesting statements by a talented artist that will help readers get to know him better.

GettyImages About the age "At 52 years, you can no longer care about your health." But overall, I'm fine with it. At 40, I didn't want to be 30. I don't want to be 40 at 50. I think that with age I become much more interesting myself, live more interestingly.”

“And so many interesting things have happened over the years. Where to put all this? Don't throw it away. That’s why the years spent are such a backpack. And I like what's in that backpack. So much good! And I like to move on with all that baggage.”

The artist admitted that sometimes it is difficult to focus on the performance, when a song is performed for the thousandth time. And then you can really think about some everyday problems that have nothing to do with what is happening on the stage.

“And then you’re like, ‘Where am I?’ or ‘So, what’s the chorus now, the second or third?’” Sometimes I forget the words at this point. I just get a line out of my head. And then the music keeps playing and I remember where I am.”

About strong drinks Agutin admitted that in small quantities, amusement drinks before the concert even help. However, he assured that he did not drink regularly, although sometimes he can afford a little. The main thing is not to get drunk, so that the next day there are no consequences.

“Not to say that I’m done with it forever. Just gradually less and less (saw). It used to be more fun after the concerts. They could go to the pool room with drinks and everything else. Sometimes I could (drink) before a long trip on the train, it was easier to get there. But over time, it stopped working. I stopped hitting, the consequences were getting bigger. I remember, in Jurmala, I even fell asleep on a bench once, the artist recalls with a smile.

Leonid Agutin told about the relationship with Angelica Varum, which began in 1997. The couple also have an adult daughter, Elizabeth Maria. Recall that different media constantly cover the personal life of artists and regularly write about the divorce of the star couple. But how close were Agutin and Varum to divorce?

“A couple of times we were close, yes. It's more because of each of us fighting for our rights. I remember we had been together for 7 years. I got stuck drinking again, and it took a couple of days. My wife had some questions about our life together.

“And she put the question edge-on, dealt with me. I said, "Well, that's it." It's important to me that you're there. If the conditions are such, we shall comply.” There have been times in my life when I’ve done something. There is a conflict, we do not talk for 2 days, then we understand. And everything becomes normal”.

“We often live in different rooms on tour. We all have our own bedroom at home. I have mine, my wife has mine. Everyone has their own personal space. I can come to my wife's bedroom for a date, or she can come to me. Everyone reads a book or watches a movie before going to bed. This (separate rooms) keeps the family very well.”

“10 years ago we decided that everyone should have their own bedroom. That's how you made up your life to have two bedrooms. So as not to be offended or irritated. Just when you need to be alone, when you need to sleep these 8 hours, you always have your own place and space. Otherwise, you can just fuck each other up.”

On success, “I’m basically successful.” Although I can’t jump above my head, because I’m not very popular. There's a level you can't just go to. Something national has to happen. It's hard for me to do anything like that. Everything is based on the right words and chords. So if you consider the level at which I can be successful, then at this level I am successful. What I could squeeze out of my possibilities, I squeezed, I used my chance, the artist is sure.

In general, the interview of Leonid Agutin with Irina Shikhman turned out to be quite calm and good-natured, but frank. Therefore, it will be interesting to watch it even for those people who know almost nothing about the work of the musician. This fascinating conversation is worth it.

Photo at preview and in article

Tags

See also

New and interesting