Pudding (pudding, pudding) - the traditional name for an English dessert. English summer pudding has long been prepared from the remnants of white bread, of any red berries and sugar. Berry Bread Pudding - light, beautiful, simple and very tasty dessert, and to cook it quite easy
Especially good cook bread pudding with berries in the middle of the summer, although it can be used in the pudding and frozen berries.
For the English summer pudding with bread and berries you need (for 4-6 people):
1/2 kg of a mixture of fresh or frozen summer red berries: strawberries, red and black currants, raspberries, ezhemalina, loganberri, Tiber and other
Thinly sliced simple square white bread (for example, a loaf of sandwich), about 10 slices. Or just stay a little stale white bread. Cut the crusts from the bread all.
150g brown or white sugar (you can take more, to taste).
a small pot or bowl. Optionally, you can make small portions of bread berry puddings and berries instead of one large.
Whipped cream or Custard (sweet egg cream) to the finished berry pudding (optional).
How to cook the pudding with bread and berries
1. Put the berries in a saucepan, pour the sugar and put heat on low heat. When the syrup comes to a boil, stir gently to dissolve the sugar. We need to berry pudding just gave juice, but remained intact. So cook the berries are not more than a few minutes without crushing and without destroying them. If the berries gave little juice, add a little water.
2. pot or bowl (you need to shape pudding) obtyanite inside cling film, foil fix on the outside edges.
3. Cut out a circle of bread to cover the bottom of the bowls (this is the top of the pudding). It is convenient to use glass. Thin slices of bread cut in half, or as it should, so that they fit on the size of your pot for pudding. Carefully and tightly Put the pot slices of bread (can be overlapped), without leaving voids. If needed, in form of cut pieces hlebapodhodyaschie to cover the entire surface of the pot, the remaining uncovered. It is necessary to bread-and-berry pudding get the top beautiful.
4. In the resulting "skeleton" of the bread pudding Put the berries and pour the juice from the pan. It is important that the juice had a lot to wet all the bread on top and bottom. The remaining berries and juice store to decorate the pudding. Filling "skeleton" of the bread and juice of berries up to the top, make pudding cover of several densely stacked slices of bread, and strengthen it on top of bowls. This will be the bottom of the pudding.
5. Place the plate on a flat surface of the bowls, press it tightly. Gently invert the bowl of pudding upside down and place it on a plate. Leave pudding in this position for an hour at room temperature. A little juice from the berry pudding can seep into the dish, it's not scary. The juice from the berries wet my bottom pudding.
6. Turn the bowl with the pudding down and bottom, with the top plate of pressed, put the pudding in the refrigerator overnight. Now berry juice wet my top and sides of bread pudding.
7. By the time the dessert, remove the plate and turn the bowl with berry pudding on a beautiful platter to file a pudding to the table. Carefully remove the bowl with the bread pudding and the film (due out of the pudding bowls easily). If on top or on the sides of the pudding were not some dry berries places, now you can sprinkle them on top of the remaining berry juice. Above you can put the rest of the berries.
8. Cut the pudding into sectors. Serve the bread-and-berry pudding dessert can be on a plate or in ice-cream bowls, optional garnish and a mint leaf garnish Custard or cream (egg-dairy sour sauce).