Smart watch or smart bracelet? Weigh the pros and cons on the Xiaomi example and LG

In the last year significantly increased interest in various wearable gadgets. Someone chose a smart watch someone happy is a smart bracelet. I was lucky to try both, so today I will share my observations about smart watches LG Watch R and smart bracelet Xiaomi Mi Band 1s.

Immediately it is worth noting that LG Watch R, but any other smart watches have many features. But Xiaomi Mi Band 1s has a price much better than any more or less well-known smart watches. The question is whether all these features are needed, or is everything still the price?

The most valuable thing in the "smart" devices - a feature. So I identified 5 main functions, an example of which will be compared and the device.

1. Notice of calls
I think it is most important and most essential feature smart wearable gadget. This allows you not to miss calls, as well as keep your phone in silent mode, even without vibration. Personally, I feel so pleasant to take calls. Vibrated something on his hand - found the phone and answered. You do not have to worry about turning off the sound to the cinema or theater.

Both devices are notified of the call by vibration. The difference here is that smart watches immediately show who is calling, and even you can immediately accept or reject the call. The truth is if you accept, then scream at Kurt: "Wait a minute, you'll get only from his pocket." :) But at the bracelet has a significant advantage - the weight. Bracelet much easier for his opponent, so that the arm almost forget about it, but the clock device is impressive. I even rented them periodically to give your hand a break (and at this time, of course, miss calls).

* It is remarkable that they both normally work at the same time informing about the call on 1 phone

2. Notification messages
At this point, I mean not only SMS, but also all sorts of notifications from various applications like:

This feature is in second place in my chart of the most important things, and again the two devices to cope with this task. True difference is that Xiaomi Mi Band 1s simply vibrates 2 times (say: "Master, you look at your phone"), and the clock still immediately derive some announcement on the screen. That is, the clock in this case is still more convenient, since you know where and from whom the message. And as soon as you can tyknut on the screen, read the message. The truth is, the LG can not - when it comes to more than 2 messages from the same source - it no longer allows them to read, I hope someday they will correct it.

In defense of the band say that there is an important fact that the messages communicated. Know that there is a message much more important than knowing its contents in the same second.

3. Measuring pulse
Pulse measurement here implemented with an optical sensor. Stuck versatile enough, but that's to get good results - we need ideal conditions. However, there probably is worth considering - who generally have to measure the pulse

? Personally, I think that it is necessary for people who like to work out at times in some fitness or to arrange a training session. And, by using intelligent gadget, it is possible to control the load. If so, then the clock immediately benefit that can be fast enough to watch themselves and call a function to measure heart rate, while checking for a pulse through the bracelet - it is necessary to find a phone and run the application there. But the bracelet much easier and it means to train with them much easier.

So choose what is more important, "quick access" or "convenience", and the measurement result is anyway very similar:

4. Clever / silent alarm
Another important, in my opinion, was the function of the smart gadgets Service. Yes, alarm clocks were always very different, but with the advent of alarm bracelets have become smarter. Now they are able to consider sleep phase and gently wake up at the right time.

The key point to the gadget, which implemented such a function - it's easy. Going to bed with a clock in her arms I'm ready only in a state of complete nestoyaniya, but I'm not going to take the pants in this state, but on every night, something has to be easy and discreet. So Mi Band undisputed leader here and he wakes up very gently, starting to vibrate a little closer to morning.

5. Show time
Speaking about the clock not to be missed feature demonstrations time and here of course mibendy not competitors, because they have no screen. However, some models are more expensive, still can and show time. But I personally like clock dials function change, so I can always change your watch as you like. The truth came at me and "pet", who writes to me how long the text. I think this is a good option for those who like to read.

Interesting fact: LG Watch R was the first watch with a round display and really look like a normal watch, so that some people are still much surprised when the screen something appears and I'm starting to carry it on your finger.

Price
If you think about it, it turns out that the Xiaomi Mi Band 1s value of 1,200 rubles. in the highlights not much inferior to LG Watch R, which cost somewhere ~ 15000 rubles. And in some moments bracelets and do better wearable.

It turns out that if you simply want to try a smart wearable devices, there is no sense just to buy a good watch full, and smart enough to buy a bracelet Xiaomi Mi Band 1s on AliExpress for $ 17.99 * (1200rub).

Well, if you are sure that you are comfortable to go to the clock on the hand, then you can safely choose the smart watch. Among the inexpensive, but interesting from China may be noted GT08 for $ 22.99 * (1600 rbl.), Which at this seller has bought more than 5,000 people.

And yet sometimes unexpectedly motivate clock:

* Pedometer is all about, but I have not found utility in this function, in addition to entertainment

That's all, you had a simple service to select Dronk.Ru sophisticated technology. Do not forget to subscribe to our blog, will be much more interesting.

Speaking of Xiaomi, we're giving away 10 coolest gadgets of the Xiaomi !

p.s. * - Links asterisk referral, so you can save even more by returning cashback of up to 4%. More on Dronk.ru/cashback/ or you can get 7% by purchasing them through a cashback service LetyShops. Learn more about who the cashback services, read our article Choosing a cashback service to 6 years Aliekspress

Source: geektimes.ru/company/dronk/blog/273850/

Tags

See also

New and interesting