11 phrases that will bring your daughter's self-confidence

It is difficult to see how a child who is considered a beautiful and perfect, making fun of his body, criticized her appearance and humbles himself. This happens when a daughter in a world where everything repeats that her body would never be quite beautiful. We offer you 11 phrases that can be used when your daughter is dissatisfied with their appearance. These phrases will help to create an atmosphere of acceptance and a positive attitude to the body. They are good for communicating with children.

Even if you yourself is not easy to love your body, you can work on self-acceptance, together with her daughter. Your task is not to prove to her that she is wrong, but to hear her admit that her feelings are important and help her to come to such a state in which these feelings can change. When the daughter says that she is fat or ugly, it is very important how you respond: your response can strongly influence the future course of her thoughts

1 The phrase, "Why do you think so
? "I hate your smile. I hate my hair. I hate my legs. I hate their appearance. I hate his personality. I hate myself. »

It is an open question, it will allow your child to tell you that he was alarmed, and why. The question is not an evaluation, it does not invalidate the child's experience and shows that talk about their feelings - is normal. You will receive information that will help you decide what to say next.

Phrase 2: "Such feelings are normal and natural»
Confirm, confirm, and again confirms that the child's feelings are not stupid and are very important. It reminds the child that everything is fine with him, he is not "wrong". This helps to overcome the shame, and if in the future the child have the feeling of inferiority, it is hoped that he will come to you.

3 The phrase, "What do you think would happen if you looked the way you want?»
"With the covers of magazines all looked very, very thin girls, and I took their example, they have been my ideal. I do not want the girls was an ideal "- Demi Lovato, actress and singer

. This question can be very complex, it all depends on the age of the child. But the main purpose of the question - to find out why the daughter wants to look different than it is now, why hate your body, than it does not suit her belly. This question helps to gain insight into the ideal image, which is in the soul of your child, and you will be able to help him bridge the gap between this image and the actual appearance. Maybe your daughter thinks she would have liked more than others, if its growth was higher or lighter hair. Maybe she thinks that would be happier if the lose weight five kilos. All this is important to find out, to be able to help her daughter to reconsider their views.

Phrase 4: "What part of the body you really like?»
Confirming that hear her daughter and did not think it insignificant experiences, focuses attention on the fact that she likes in her body - it will help her to start to treat him with more sympathy. It's not so bad, right?

5 The phrase: "Is there anything in your body that something that you love?»
"I accept myself and I like the way I look" - Serena Williams, tennis player

. If you help her daughter to focus on the parts of the body, which is very dear to her, even if this part is very small, such as the eyelashes, this love is opposed to hatred she feels for the other parts of the body.

6 The phrase: "What a wonderful knows your body?»
In our culture, so much attention is paid to the look of our body that we lose sight of what it can do. All bodies look different, and the possibility of them are also different. Ask your daughter to name any successful body's ability may be that the ability to play football, jump high, try tasty food

. 7 The phrase "Let's say it together»
"You wake up perfect" - a song Beyoncé «Flawless»

. Saying positive phrases often boring and terribly embarrassing, but they can help a lot. And yet it is a useful practice for most moms! Select a positive statement in the spirit of "I love myself" or "My body is fine, because it's mine," and try speaking with her, standing in front of a mirror. Advise her daughter repeat the exercise every morning.

8 The phrase: "I had the same feelings towards my body»
"It is strange to live in a culture that aggressively enforces girls thought that the appearance - their main value," - Lacey Green, videobloger, active in the feminist movement

. These words tell your daughter that she is not alone. It will be even better if you can tell how they started to get rid of the hatred of the body, as we could take it or even love. If you have not yet come to a positive perception of your body, tell her daughter that are working on it, and offer to work together.

9. The phrase 'I believe that you have a remarkable body »
The word "wonderful", as opposed to the word "beautiful", focuses not just on the exterior. It shows that you know your child and appreciate her, even if she does not know very well yourself.

10. The phrase "All bodies are remarkable»
This is a broader statement, it says to the child that the body differ in size, color and features, but each of them is valuable and there is no need to change anything in them.

11. The phrase "Your value is not determined by the size of clothing or weight, to which you aspire»
Tell her daughter that its value can not be measured in figures, it is something more. The child does not assimilate these ideas the first time, but maybe with your help, her path to love (or even acceptance of itself) will be easier.

Author: Britney de la Kretaz translation - Marina Nestrugina

Tags

See also

New and interesting