9 discoveries that I have made, having worked in an orphanage

Dear Reader AdMe.ru , in front of you an article on children's education, are not written by a psychologist, not a large mother, not even a teacher - it was written by a man who had to be all three at the same time, to be referred to hospice caregiver for orphans and children deprived of parental care. And part-time entertainer, choreographer, kosopletom and screenwriter, actor, and even a guide.

During his time there, I realized more and realized as something that has become a real discovery for me, as for example that:

Pity - the worst feeling you can feel for a person, especially to an orphan child. When you hear the phrase "miserable man", how do you imagine it represent? Probably, it is interesting, something piccaninny talented, full of strength and hope for a brighter future? Something does not fit, right? So, sorry for the miserable people, and all the other sympathize, empathize and help business, not a word.

Opening number 1 was when I met these children more closely. < I realized that even the youngest of them is stronger than me. Each of them getting into the children's home or center of social and psychological rehabilitation (which replaced the shelters), experienced something that may be beyond the power not only the child home, but also adults.

Being a student of Pedagogical University, in the third year, I held camp practice. Among other health institutions was "Chaika" camp, which belonged to the children's boarding school, and I by chance got it there.
< Go to the orphans was a little anxious, exciting , more because of the fact, that all those who learned about it, as if in collusion, asserted the same thing: "Oh, it's a poor orphan, you will be sorry for them, you'll cry, looking at them»

. And you know what? I was not sorry for them. Absolutely. They are strong, courageous, witty, funny and cheerful, as it may appear to regret their desire? No, definitely only admire and enjoy their success!

< Children 2-3 years old can eat, dress and even try to fill the bed alone. After such a wonderful experience I have not a drop of no doubt, whether to accept a job in a similar institution, when turned up the opportunity. After graduation I got a tutor to the regional center for children.

I mainly worked with the age group of 6 to 12, but a month I had to stay with toddlers kids, and it was the first month of my work at all. Let me remind you that my experience, that is, their own children, I did not. So I thought it was a matter of course, when children are independent.

< The opening number 2 caught up with me to another shift, when I'm in the lobby of the school waited for my change of notation rebyatnya and scatter classes. < / I watched the following scene: the boy is 12 years old, quite tall and strong, and his mother pulls his pants. Mama. Pants. Tightens. I stood there and remembered how my beauty - Basistaya Gipsy two years old - pulls my hand when I tried it to fasten buttons of help to dress: she was ashamed, you see, it was. And it is probably no.

< A couple of child-adult someone is sure to be manipulated by another. and the younger the child, the better it is obtained . Do you know why? Because the elder once again think, not whether it will cause inconvenience to their adult behavior, well, or it just will not be raised and especially fun. Kids these nuances still just do not understand why I took the case, and that was a revelation № 3. The first time in a shelter for me, ended in tears and a nervous tic.

I just can not cope with the ten angels that as soon realized that I was very good and an aunt of me can weave ropes, turned six hours of hell. The climax was the quiet hour. These little shameless walked on their heads, jumped on the bed and laughed slyly, as sensed my weakness. Remember the pity? So I went to replace, spare them, as they seemed to me so defenseless and harmless, but in vain. In general, it is necessary to understand, or you boss, or subordinate to, or in any way.

< the Command tone better learn before the time comes when it is needed. This is another memory connected it with the kids. Ask how I was able to overcome all difficulties and to finalize the month of love and harmony with your favorite monsters yagnyatkami? A: The opening number 4 - commanding tone. < Do not confuse with angry or disgruntled cries of a child. They only adult impotence and say nothing to help. But commanding tone - is power. Look straight in the eye, speak slowly, not too loud, and most importantly - in a low voice. This is the most extreme case, when you feel that you want to manipulate

The first thing to give a child, when he had a fever -. A drink of water strong. > One day at the evening crawling nurse discovered that several children little fever. For some of them this was the real beginning of a cold, but the rest of the drink enough water to cool down, and the temperature dropped to normal range. Opening number 5 made it clear that the hot forehead and the absence of other symptoms of ill health can indicate banal overheating, dehydration. No wonder doctors are advised to drink plenty of liquids during most diseases, well, not in vain!

Most children appreciate the hugs, kisses and time to talk to them from the heart, and not expensive things, travel, food and so on. Children's homes and similar establishments are included on state money, but as a rule, do not have a sponsor. Therefore, these children good clothes, lots of toys, five meals and a lot of vkusnyashek on holidays, they often go to exhibitions, workshops, theater and so on. D. < In general, not all domestic children are so fortunate in this respect, I'll tell you.

But that's not the point, is not it. Opening number 6 was not a particular situation, just trust me, if the child is concerned with the question: "Who is stronger: Spider-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?", You have to get serious answer. If he wants to hug you and you're busy with something, you have to hug.

you can lose credibility if say one thing and do another. I've never done and you do not advise. To lose the respect of a teenager means only one thing - you'll never get from him what you want. He will not have to hear you or to share something important and very quickly find the person to whom you can trust.

None of daily outdoor games in the fresh air you get a hard naughty child in the shelters there are no "easy" children, they're all difficult -. twisted, spinning, whimsical, pampering, etc., etc. Maybe, when one or two, you can still suffer, but when you have 12 kids from 6 to 12 years are beginning nuditsya, you can just in a moment stop to control the situation -.... and expect trouble .

If the weather was bad and we did not go for a walk, I have always saved the phrase "Well, who is greatest among you will overcome?» or "I wonder who we have in the group is the strongest?" After 30 minutes of push-ups , sit-ups and all my other urchins much more willing to agree to quietly read a little book. With the girls in this regard rescued dancing, that's what-what, and that they were ready to deal with all day

Genetics -. A powerful thing, but it may be more attention to the number and the correct approach to education. When I worked with the middle group of girls, that is, from 6 to 12 years, to the day we got a girl-hurricane. Her hair was cut short like a boy's, was not in front of the tooth, and in general on the little girl she was like. < Just Wild Child, otherwise you will not say it's crazy, and children and adults, and most of all it was 6 years old.

Her eyes were wild fire, and outdoor games not much help, to be honest. Of course, it eventually trimmed a bit, but still then everyone said - genetics, they say, nothing can be done: hooligan born hooligan remain. And then after a while she was taken to a foster family. And about a year at one of the girl's morning acted as a guest. < I do not recognize her right away.

It's been a different person. Modest, quiet, neat and polite little miss who carefully told poem. Such transformation occurred in our walls, just for the special children need a little more time and attention to that in conditions of changing three times a day, educators, alas, not always possible.

Play with the kids, show them the tricks, to braid pigtails, listen to their problems, resolve their conflicts - all of that was my job, although this is not written in the job description. It was about what I should do with them lessons, monitor their health and to perform general schedule

Raising a child -. process much more significant than making money. If you have the time to work, but do not have time for all the important stuff, then get the strength to admit that you are a breadwinner.

Fed, well-dressed and visiting the different sections of the kids can be in children's homes. < Do not forget to give her the most important thing - the love, care and attention

. Karina Hyles specifically for AdMe.ru
Photos on the preview: Warner Bros. Pictures

via www.warnerbros.com/studio/divisions/warner-bros-pictures

Tags

See also

New and interesting