Never forget that you really like

In his article, the writer Mark Manson talks about what a real passion for their work, whether it is the matter of what to look for and will certainly need to pay attention.

< Website I believe that his words will help many to understand yourself.

- Remember your childhood. Have you ever thought about what to do and how. in your head is not a thought: "And what are the advantages of football over baseball?" No, you're running around the playground, playing baseball or soccer . Build sand castles, playing tag, pestered with silly questions, enthusiastically dug into the grass and pretended to be a monster from the sewer.

Nobody told you what to do - you just did. And there were a truly wonderful thing. If you suddenly start to hate baseball, you simply cease to play it. And no one was offended and did not argue.

And even if you stick to adults with silly questions, you never asked yourself: "Is not this nonsense I do? It seems that my friends do not, maybe I should not? It will not affect my future? »

Today I received approximately 11504 th letter this year from a man who, like many others before him, asked me a question: «What to do with your life, and how to find your favorite activity?». < br />
And I did not answer. Why do you ask? Yes, because I was hell, I do not know. If you yourself have no idea what to do with your life, why do you think that some idiot from the website will help you? I'm a writer, not a fortune teller.

All these people complained in his letters that no addicted and can not find something to their liking. I think all these complaints nonsense. Have you found your passion, just ignore it carefully. Think hard, you wake up only to have to spend 16 hours of useless? Obviously, you something to do during the day, you have a favorite topic of conversation. And among all of your daily activities are bound to have something that you are happy to come back day after day.

Your passion - in front of you, but you do not want to notice it. You might say, "Yes, I love comics, but it's not in the bill. In the comic books will not earn ».

Really? Have you tried?

Do you think that you are not eager to do something. But the problem is actually how do you feel about this situation.

More often than you think, "Oh, no, that's impossible," or "My mom and dad would not be happy if I do that, they want me to become a doctor." It is in such moments, you forget about what you really like. Hobbies give way to prioritize.

For some reason everyone thinks that people should feel passionate love for his work, otherwise nothing. And we're looking for is a hard lesson, ask for advice on how best to do this. I will say this: you can enjoy your work because your colleagues have a couple of good guys. And their hobbies can devote their free time. I did not say anything supernova, right? But for some reason many forget about it.

There is one more important point: every job, even the most beloved, sometimes solid tuhlyak. There is no such case in the world that you never get bored. For example, I think a good job, but still about 30% hate it. Some days more.

Such is life.

It's all about your expectations. If you want to work 70 hours a week and sleeping at work, like Steve Jobs, who has spent almost every waking moment to his favorite cause, you watched too many bad movies. If you think that you have to wake up every day and dance in your pajamas from the anticipation of a new working day, you will be sorely deceived. In life it does not happen. This is unrealistic. And probably, in it there is some balance.

An illustrative example: a friend of mine, who for three years trying to build their business on-line sales. Nothing comes out. Although he still continued from time to time with new forces back to where I began. But for some reason he does not consider it his favorite thing, despite all the time and genuine enthusiasm, which he spends on it.

I meet so many people like him, every day, who believe that they have no real hobbies. But they do not need to look for him. Favorite thing already found them. But they cruelly ignore it. I refuse to believe in its viability and prospects of development.

And the email I constantly receive letters with a question: "How to be a writer?". And here is my answer: "I have nothing to say about it - I do not know!»

I never considered writing as a potential career. I do not consider it a hobby. The real passion of mine are music, politics and philosophy. And I just wrote everything felt. But when I'm looking for a job, I did not have far to look. She found me.

There is one thing that may annoy some people: if you have to look around your passion, maybe you do not have the passion to anything
I did not think about it when writing messages to 2,000 words on the forums, I do not think about my friend who is developing a logo for your online store, though he does not want to admit that he just likes it. Our hobby became a natural part of life.

Agree, the child does not go to the playground and do not think, "Hmm, what am I to do so gay?» < He just goes and has fun.

If you are looking for a hobby, it's likely you will not get any pleasure from the fact that you will find. But the favorite thing is much closer than you think - it is already found you, you just do not notice it consciously.

via www.adme.ru/svoboda-psihologiya/nikogda-ne-zabyvaj-o-tom-chto-tebe-dejstvitelno-nravitsya-1085560/

Tags

See also

New and interesting