6 things you need to stop doing in order to become more productive

ca707749dc.jpg

between employment and productivity, there is a big difference, and how you can work harder - not always the way to success. Sometimes, working less, you can achieve the best results. Website provides a list of six proven science items that should stop doing if you want to get from their actions as much as possible benefit.



1. Stop work sverhurochnoVasha productivity remains at a high level is at a 40-hour working week - and no more. Even back in 1926, Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company, conducted an experiment which proved the most efficient of the schedule.

To increase the productivity is also very important to get enough sleep, which is confirmed by many scientific experiments. So in an article for Alternet Sara Robinson referred to a study that was carried out the US military: it turned out that losing one hour of sleep each night for a week deal damage equivalent to a blood alcohol level of 0, 10 ppm.

So you want to increase your productivity - no Strive to work and get enough sleep, here's the first rule.



2. Do not say "yes" too chastoSoglasno Pareto principle, 20% of efforts provide 80% of the results, while the remaining 20% ​​the result is 80% of the effort. Focus on those efforts, which generate 80% of the results and stop saying "yes" to that effect does not bring. "The difference between successful people and very successful people that are very successful people answer" no "almost all", - said Warren Buffett.

Saying "no" is much more difficult, but there is one interesting way: in a study published in the Journal of Consumer Research in 2012 revealed that say "I can not do it" and "I do not do this" is not one and also. Such a simple change of phrase smooths internal conflict and allows you to feel more confident. So the next time you need to force yourself to keep from consent, try saying, "I do not do it" and the result will not take long.



3. Cease to do everything yourself, and let me tell you pomochPomnite that it is always possible to ask for help when you need it. You can not do everything yourself. If anyone can help you and make things better - safely trust this thing, besides, you will have more time to focus on other important things.

Do not want to trust someone vaschu task, and help you really nobody can? Clinical neuropsychologist David Nowell says that ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), there is the following method of treatment: a person begins to complete more and more effectively when someone else is with him in the same room. So try to ask someone to be with you as a support near - but not as a supervisor.



4. Stop being a perfectionist, "The more the professor tends to perfectionism, the less productive," - said Dr. Simon Sherry, a professor of psychology at Dalhousie University, who conducted a study of the relationship of perfectionism and productivity.

Here are a few problems in people who are prone to perfectionism:

They spend more time on the job than allocated. They are waiting for the perfect moment to start. But in business the perfect moment may come when you are too late. They miss the full picture, focusing on the details. that the perfect moment - it is right now.



5. Stop doing the same thing: automate rutinuSoglasno study Tethys Solutions, several teams of five people to spend 3%, 20%, 25%, 30% and 70% of their time on repetitive tasks, losing 3%, respectively, 10% 15%, 15% and 10% of its productivity in two months.

People often forget that the time - money. If you understand that too much time is spent on repetitive tasks - think of a solution that will save you from their fulfillment or automate routine. If you think of anything you can not, you can hire an expert to help you with this. It is better to spend some money, you spend your time how much in vain. Remember that time - your most valuable resource.



6. break for a moment, that nothing important delatOchen sometimes distract from all the hassle, walk and be alone. Some studies have emphasized that a certain "dose" of loneliness makes people more susceptible to compassion to others. While no one would argue that too prolonged isolation may be detrimental to health, our lives should also be present and a certain amount of personal time (for example, adolescents, it is necessary to study hard and succeed in their own interests).

It is important to find time for reflection and awareness. Often we find solutions, when not engaged in their search.











via theoryandpractice.ru/posts/9476-proizvoditelnost

Tags

See also

New and interesting