Fat has a bad reputation among people whose idea of wholesome food formed glossy and trendy diets. We offer a shake of the head prejudices and look at the facts, can rehabilitate the oil in your eyes. < 1. 50% of energy in the human body is released during the oxidation of fats.
2. Fat helps make skin elastic and supple, with a lack of fat in the body the skin becomes unhealthy appearance, starts to fade and peel.
3. Human Brain cells can not function without fat (more than 60% of the brain account for fats)
4. Many vitamins can not be absorbed without the presence of fat in the body.
5. No fat can not be normal work of reproductive function.
6. All fragile organs in the human body surrounded by a protective sheath of fat, it helps protect them from injuries, concussions, and the external environment.
7. fats are bad conductors of heat, so they are an excellent insulator that protects the body from hypothermia.
8. Fats are responsible for the texture, flavor, and aroma of food.
9. 1 gram of fat contains 9 calories.
10. Fats are divided into two large groups - animal and vegetable, as well as several types: monounsaturated, saturated, polyunsaturated. All of these play a different role and should be present in the diet, but in different proportions.
11. Monounsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts) help the body to lower blood cholesterol levels and confront cardiovascular disease.
12. Polyunsaturated fats (fatty marine fish, greens, flaxseed oil) are essential for the good work of the heart and blood vessels, as well as for the normal assimilation of some vitamins.
13. Saturated fats (animal products, I ca *, butter) are involved in metabolic processes, helps muscle regeneration, but in excess can be harmful.
14. Trans fats (margarine, eating their fast food) are dangerous to human health and should be used in a minimal amount of (preferably do not use them).
15. is sufficient (but not excessive) amount of fat - one of the essential components of good nutrition.