The reason that we believe that the third law of Clark in the 21st century is not working

A brilliant writer and futurist Arthur C. Clarke, best known for the three laws, which he set forth, and primarily due to the third law, which states that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." However, in modern society, the law loses its relevance.

Clark was a versatile man - pisatalem, inventor, philosopher. But first of all - it is a futurist, being that he was looking forward with hope, and it gives meaning to his ideas. This can be understood from his three laws:

When a respected but elderly scientist states that something is possible - it is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible - it is very likely wrong. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is to venture a step into the impossible. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Thus, the third law. Remember how things were with the technology a few centuries ago. Each inventor who "made friends" with science, risked being branded a witch and being burned at the stake. But time passes, and the knowledge accumulated by humanity, are growing exponentially. If a TV show a man who never saw him again, he may be overwhelmed by what he saw, but most of all, understand that if you have some knowledge of materials and it is quite possible to collect. In truth, even a technically savvy person is unlikely to every detail, what it consists of one or another technological innovation. Similarly, we perceive an artificial heart or complex particle accelerator. Or, for example, a street magician shows miracles of levitation. It may be impressive, but hardly anyone deems magician magician. It is not known how he does it, you might think, but I'm sure that with current technology it is possible.

Believe in magic always made people think, "I do not know" or "I do not know how it happens." Modern man thinks more broadly: "I do not know how, but I can learn how to" or "I do not know how it happens, but you can find the answer." That's why Clarke's third law in our world is not relevant.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting