Cellulite, also known as "gynoid lipodystrophy", is often mistaken for oil, but it is not entirely accurate - the fat is just one of the causes of cellulite. The presence of fat does not necessarily mean the presence of cellulite itself cellulite is caused by changes in the structure of the skin in conjunction with the accompanying presence of fat cells protruding together with connective tissue, the so-called wall - all this and gives the skin similar to the orange peel. We offer you a selection of facts about the causes of cellulite and its treatment.
1. Fat, or adipose tissue - is a loose connective tissue, known as lipid, that is formed by molecules containing hydrocarbons that make up the structure of cells and contribute to the fulfillment of their basic functions. Other lipids - oils, vitamins and hormones.
The fabric is present in several different forms throughout the body - white fat, brown fat, subcutaneous fat and visceral fat: subcutaneous different from visceral fact, where the body is, and the white or brown color is inherent in themselves fat cells, which are classified by color .
2. Visceral fat accumulates around the abdominal organs: This type of fat is believed by some scientists, more dangerous, as is associated with increased risk of heart disease, stroke, insulin resistance, elevated inflammatory response and diabetes. A small spoon of honey - it is not the type of fat that causes cellulite.
Subcutaneous fat, as the name implies, directly under the skin, and it can be easy to see: it is responsible for the appearance of "orange peel" cellulite dimples, which are so afraid of women around the world. But, as stated above, the mere presence of this type of fat does not mean that you have a cellulite.
3. There is a special type of connective subcutaneous tissue that helps the dermis (upper layer of the skin) connected to the lower skin layers - it is known as fibrous septum with age, this barrier may harden, which will push the upper layers of the skin is closer to surface. There are two main types of phenomena: women are generally prone to develop a perpendicular structure, and men layers are at an angle of about 45 °.
4. When a person is under the skin produced too much fat, too much fatty tissue begins to fill the available space, which leads to the pressure of the lower skin layers on top: partition becomes static, and as a result some of the layers of the skin will act out more than others.
5. The odds of occurrence of cellulite are caused by three factors:
subcutaneous partition should be "push" to the outside in conjunction with protruding fatty tissue in the dermis; insufficient thickness and elasticity of the dermis and heavy subcutaneous fat layer; people pronounced cellulite tend to have a lower density of sepia.
As a result, poor circulation, resulting in a reduction of collagen (the protein responsible for skin structure), and this makes the skin thinner. Thus in people tend to occur more body fat, and hence cellulite.
6. You may have heard about the "miraculous" procedures to get rid of cellulite. According to Dr. Molly Wanner at Harvard Medical School, cellulite treatment requires changes in the structure of the skin and its functioning in combination with fat, muscles and connective tissue - so you can reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat, and effectively increase the thickness and elasticity of the dermis. If you are not afraid of invasive procedures, you can also carry out a course of treatment with the opening of major large partitions.
After all, oil can aggravate cellulite, but is not the main reason for its appearance: fat - just a link in the chain of unfortunate circumstances, which leads to an undesirable lack of body.