12 previously unreleased pictures of the best photographers of the world

Forgotten in arhivah

Ask any professional photographer, how many shots he made in his life. Most likely, the number you called astronomical. But you've seen the pictures someone else other than the photographer? Larry Towell, the legendary photographer of the New York Times and its famous colleagues reviewed their archives, digging in old negatives, and found a few photos of those who they like, but they for some reason no one ever showed.

1. Larry Towell made this striking photo of Mennonites in Zacatecas (Mexico) and found it just a few years among the tens of thousands of other negativov

"I found this picture when looking through his work on the Mexican Mennonites. It was about two thousand rolls of film that were shot in a decade. Only there were 120 pictures in the book. The colony called La Honda was one of the few that had electricity. I was visiting there Frank Klassen and his wife. They were unemployed, landless and poor, and had planned to go to Canada to find work on any farm. We smoked them at the table, in the light of a kerosene lamp. And when we went out, I took a picture of them at a time when the moon rose ».

blockquote> 2. Mick's Bar-Am captures this moment almost 50 years ago at the exhibition of Pablo Picasso in Izraile

"In 1966, while working on the Picasso exhibition at the Museum of Art in Tel Aviv, I took this picture: one of the cleaners stopped, staring in disbelief Picasso. I did not show anyone before this photograph because I thought that song on it too perfect. But believe me, it was a happy moment ».

blockquote> 3. Peter Van Agtmael, then still young but already a respected photographer shot this during a visit to Chili

"This picture I made in the Atacama Desert in Chile, in 2007, the year. It was my first trip to Chile, I lived there for six months, and the months strongly influenced me. I was obsessed with photography, but I could not deal with it seriously because in college. I decided to skip one semester and got an internship at a tabloid. They allowed me to explore the city and take pictures of its features. So I began to study the freedom to be yourself. And my first experience was the conflict that arose during a rally that had suddenly escalated into violence. I was scared, but I felt a strange freedom. Although this picture just trash compared to most of my work, I did it, where realized who should be ».

blockquote> 4. Alessandra Sanguinetti took this picture on a beach in Brooklyn in 1992, and this photo has not been seen to date

"This photo, which I named" Couple ", was made in the summer of 1992. It was a long time ago, when all around seemed endlessly fascinating and mysterious, and when the photo was the only way by which I can pass it. I left Buenos Aires to spend the summer in Brooklyn with his grandfather, and spent every day wandering around the city, taking pictures, and in the evening return back home and showed footage of the film in the dark room facilities. I distinctly remember this shot. I remember seeing him and thinking in fear that he could surpass anything I have ever seen and thinks ».

blockquote> 5. Many pictures like this, Olivia Arthur made during his stay in Azerbaijan, and although she loves them very much, they had not seen since they do not fit into the project that it rabotala

"This picture I took while working on his project titled" Middle Distance ". There was a boat that was lying on the shore of the Caspian Sea. In general, the project was about women, I researched recorded from many different stories about the women of the region. But in between working on these stories, I just walked out there and explore everything around with his camera. On this trip, much has been done, and there was a lot of photos, such as this one. I always loved it, but it's obvious that she does not fit into the theme ».

blockquote> 6. Richard Calvary took a photo of his wife, trapped in the car, which was moving slowly to avtomoyke

"At the car wash, in the suburbs of Paris, I saw this poor woman. She was locked in the car, and a giant roller washing were ready to absorb the car. She looked familiar. In fact, it was my wife. I never showed this photo together with his other works, because there is felt a certain relationship between me and the subject. And in order to maintain the reputation of all of my pictures should be "removed accidentally." It is not the case, so this picture for a long time no one had heard. But anyway, I like it ».

blockquote> 7. Michael Christopher Brown made this photo using your iPhone after the hurricane "Sandy" in 2012 godu

"This photo was taken in Rockaway, New York, after the hurricane" Sandy. " Often, we see only the pictures in the news, telling about such events. We see them only a few seconds, and are unlikely to see them again. These events are important, they are like a flash on the radar, but they are too quickly go by the wayside of history ».

blockquote> 8. Bruce Davidson devoted his career to documenting the everyday life in the United States and around the world. The family he found in the swamps of New Jersey, not far from Manhettena

"In the winter of 1965, I studied industrial wasteland near the river Guzdon in New Jersey. I was traveling on a dirt road that through the swamps and dumps has led me to a landfill for disposal. There I met Willie Royko, who with his son Willy Jr. collecting scrap metal in the warm season, and set traps to muskrats, when colder. They took me to the place where marshes were a pristine wilderness area, and invited me to a small house, where they were preparing muskrats pelts for sale. There, and this picture was taken ».

blockquote> 9. Photo on which the photographer Elliot Erwitt famous all 18 let

"In 1946 I was only 18 years old, and I was sure that I would become a professional photographer. While I was still studying in a public school, but I managed to save enough money to buy my first serious camera Rolleiflex, which I took pictures for several years ».

blockquote> 10. Stuart Franklin recorded this "touching moment" in India in 2000 godu

"The picture was taken in Jaipur in 2000, during the annual festival of kites. Thousands of people from rooftops watching "Fight" kites. This is a photograph, which I had forgotten, and that caught my eye recently. I remembered this event and all the poignancy of this moment. And no, I really do not know how many more pictures I made at that time. It makes me wonder: how many truly "moving moments" I photographed, and then forgot about them? ».

blockquote> 11. The famous street photographer Bruce Guild in 1968 captured this lonely and perhaps a drunk Santa, waiting poezd

"When I was 22 or 23, I went to photography courses. We were given a job, and I decided that I wanted to take a picture of Santa Claus. While Santa Clauses were usually the New York Volunteers. After work, they returned to their "headquarters", which was on Houston Street and started to drink. That is, most of the "Santa Clauses" were alcoholics. I took this picture because I was very surprised by the fact that Santa is waiting for the train ».

blockquote> 12. David Alan Harvey has a special attraction to the beauty of Rio de Janeiro, where he made a photo person involved parkurom

"Most of the pictures that I do - personally and had never published. Even the magazines, on the instructions of where I work, at times selected from the footage a few shots. The last job was in Rio de Janeiro. It was there that I made a picture of this man, fascinated parkour during his jump on Ipanema Beach ».

blockquote> via factroom.ru

Tags

Art

See also

New and interesting